swingarm- Mtbr.com

Thread: swingarm

lmx
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

swingarm

hi! i just purchased a new f5 frame and i,m really happy about it...now yesterday while mounting my new rear wheel to the frame i discovered that the swingarm wasn't perfectly strait...now what should i do?....oh! buy the way it's offset to the rightend side of the swingarm....

matt

mtbr member
    I would either call the dealer you bought it from or Chumba directly and ask them what you should do.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Hi LMX,

Doubt its the swingarm alignment. I think you will find the the F4/F5 has a 145mm spaced rear swing arm. This then fits the 10mm floating brake (on the left) and your 135mm rear hub over the 12mm axle? So given the wider swingarm than a standard 135mm rear axle bike the chumba allows the rear rim to be more central over the hub (most bikes need to pull their rim to the cassette (right) side to have them siting in the midle of the frame (and this in turn makes for a weaker wheel).

Hence when you put you current wheel in the F5 its offset or out of dish to the right hand side (cassette side). Depending on how long you spokes (and thier threads) are the wheel should be able to be "pulled" (by a wheelbuilder) to centre in the swingarm.

Enjoy, relax and smile you have got your self a great bike.

Cheers.

Members who have read this thread: 0