suspension leverage question- Mtbr.com
    ride, eat, live
    Nov 2004

suspension leverage question

hoping someone in this forum can answer this question: what is the suspension leverage ratio on an XCL frame? I'm getting an 07 XCL and i'll be swapping my DHX coil from another frame. The other frame had a 2.5:1 suspension leverage ratio. I'm wondering if the XCL levrage ratio is different enough that I might need to go to a different coil weight to get the right sag and ride "feel". The shock is exact same i2i and stroke, so no worries there. any info appreciated.
    i'm the man from nantucket

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by cbehnke
    hoping someone in this forum can answer this question: what is the suspension leverage ratio on an XCL frame? I'm getting an 07 XCL and i'll be swapping my DHX coil from another frame. The other frame had a 2.5:1 suspension leverage ratio. I'm wondering if the XCL levrage ratio is different enough that I might need to go to a different coil weight to get the right sag and ride "feel". The shock is exact same i2i and stroke, so no worries there. any info appreciated.
    What is the i2i and stroke of the 07 XCL?

Leverage ratio = travel / stroke

For example; 5 inches travel / 2 inches stroke = 2.5 leverage ratio
    Extreme stationary biker.

ride, eat, live
    Nov 2004

Thanks!

ya know, i didn't put 2 and 2 together like that. yes, my old frame was 5 inches of travel and used a 7.875 i2i x 2.0 inch stroke damper...so in theory, i wouldn't have to change the coil weight on my damper. sweet. it's a Ti coil and I was hoping i could use it on the new frame.

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by cbehnke
    ya know, i didn't put 2 and 2 together like that. yes, my old frame was 5 inches of travel and used a 7.875 i2i x 2.0 inch stroke damper...so in theory, i wouldn't have to change the coil weight on my damper. sweet. it's a Ti coil and I was hoping i could use it on the new frame.
    BTW, what coil are you using? I'd be interested in a review once you get some time on the bike/shock combo.
    Extreme stationary biker.

ride, eat, live
    Nov 2004

Coil

i will give an update after a few good rides. i'll be using a 550lb RCS Ti coil on a DHX 5.0 damper. That combo worked great on my last frame setup (06 ventana el salt, 5 inch rockers). It was right in the 30% sag range, felt great on downhill, uphill wasn't so great because the pro-pedal IMO didn't have much effect but i would set the rebound much slower for climbing so i didn't bounce around in the rocky climbs on the front range of colorado

Members who have read this thread: 0