Strong Frame....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Strong Frame....

Anyone have a Strong frame with one of Carl's 12 included in the price colors? I am trying to see if one of these will work, or if I have to go the custom route.

If you got a Strong frame with one of these colors, can you post a pic ??

Thanks!

In FTF We Trust
    I'm not sure if the available colors changed when Carl sold off the in-house powder coating operation, but here's a picture of my Zesty Orange custom 29er hardtail. I had my mind set of purple of some persuation but I fell in love the Dank Moss (a very dark green/brown) and Zesty Orange when I saw them. When I had my bike built in Summer 2005 Carl had a bunch of color chips done on metallic "paper" so he could snip off samples and mail them off. Call him and see if he (or whoever does the powder coating now) can send you samples. Anyway, here's the picture:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

mtbr member

Spectrum does good work

My Ti frame doesn't need paint but i recently got a custom rigid fork from Carl and it was done in Pearl white. Spectrum does good work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dec 2005
    I Think spectrum does most of Strong's paint... don't quote me though.

Any ways, here's spectrums site ---> www.spectrumpowderworks.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Outkast89
    I Think spectrum does most of Strong's paint... don't quote me though.

Any ways, here's spectrums site ---> www.spectrumpowderworks.com
    Thanks all. Yeah, it's Spectrum. I have heard all really good things about them. I am wanting to keep the cost down by using one of Carl's "included" paint choices as the base color and maybe a little something custom on top. Carl is sending me a couple samples. Can't wait, should have the frame July/August time frame !!!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Know your's is a 29'er but do you have contact info for White Bros.?

Quote Originally Posted by el-cid
    I'm not sure if the available colors changed when Carl sold off the in-house powder coating operation, but here's a picture of my Zesty Orange custom 29er hardtail. I had my mind set of purple of some persuation but I fell in love the Dank Moss (a very dark green/brown) and Zesty Orange when I saw them. When I had my bike built in Summer 2005 Carl had a bunch of color chips done on metallic "paper" so he could snip off samples and mail them off. Call him and see if he (or whoever does the powder coating now) can send you samples. Anyway, here's the picture:

Can't seem to find anything with typical searches. Do you know if they still make anything in a coil, short(er) travel fork?

Sucks riding an older steel rig. My Marz. Z-2 fork from back in the day is the most buttery smooth trail fork that I've ever been on. Maybe I just need to ride more forks out there but it's hard finding something to fit older bikes (Shorter travel forks) that can handle trail abuse (Aggressive XC...whatever you want to call it.)
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

In FTF We Trust
    Quote Originally Posted by xdefx
    Can't wait, should have the frame July/August time frame !!!
    Be sure to share pictures when you get it.
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

In FTF We Trust
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoaster
    Can't seem to find anything with typical searches. Do you know if they still make anything in a coil, short(er) travel fork?

Sucks riding an older steel rig. My Marz. Z-2 fork from back in the day is the most buttery smooth trail fork that I've ever been on. Maybe I just need to ride more forks out there but it's hard finding something to fit older bikes (Shorter travel forks) that can handle trail abuse (Aggressive XC...whatever you want to call it.)
    Sorry for taking so long to reply, just made it back to this thread. Here's White Brother's site: http://www.whitebrotherscycling.com/. It looks like right now they're just making an air fork at 80mm. I have to say that my air fork has been absolutely bulletproof for the last two years, but I understand your could fork preference. It's pretty darn hard to find a coil xc fork these days .

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

El-Cid...thanks for the reply...

Nice to see that there's some understanding out there. Maybe I'll have to keep sending my Bomber back to Marz. for rebuild until things come around full circle...and then...there's going to be 5 offerings in the "realm" that I'm questioning....the tech passes most at such a level that "they" don't even realize that they'd be selling the [email protected] out of forks to people like me who aren't even retro-....than offering 3 diff. levels of the SAME fork to people in 4 to 5 diff. catagories (XC, FR, DH, etc.) than presenting their best offering in EACH catagory..vs.(No...V posts offered on this model of this fork but if you step up to this you'll lose the posts for V's, etc.)
    Anyway...I could rant on and on but you see my need...
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by el-cid
    Be sure to share pictures when you get it.

Will do. I hope to get my first prototype design drawing tomorrow from Carl. I am stoked!!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0