Steel custom full sus...- Mtbr.com
    No known cure

Steel custom full sus...

Does anyone besides Curtlo and Sycip make custom steel full suspension frames(26")? Front triangle or otherwise. I can't remember the others and these are the only builders with FS stuff on their website. Thanks.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    Does anyone besides Curtlo and Sycip make custom steel full suspension frames(26")? Front triangle or otherwise. I can't remember the others and these are the only builders with FS stuff on their website. Thanks.
    Inglis Cycles

mtbr member
    Vicious Cycles. The Curtlo seems to be the way to go. Way cheaper than the rest.

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdrunk
    Vicious Cycles. The Curtlo seems to be the way to go. Way cheaper than the rest.
    I should've mentioned that the frame I'm interested in would be a five inch coil all mountain frame. Doug says it will be no problem with a Ventana rear but he seems to have fallen off the planet. I'll try him again tomorrow. I'm just bored and have a wad of ca$h in my pocket which is almost always dangerous

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    On their website it says they're using the Titus rear but I thought I heard they're using Ventana rear triangles too. I'll find out tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    I should've mentioned that the frame I'm interested in would be a five inch coil all mountain frame. Doug says it will be no problem with a Ventana rear but he seems to have fallen off the planet. I'll try him again tomorrow. I'm just bored and have a wad of ca$h in my pocket which is almost always dangerous
    I've spoken to him, and exhanged email with him a half dozen times over the last week.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Some info. and a question....

I contacted Vicious about a longer travel susp. bike than what they were offering using the Racer X Titus rear. They said that possibly they may have something in the works. I would assume, but don't know, that it would be something based on Titus' Motolite rear set up? The Titus rears seem to be so popular (past and present) with the small builders. Now, Ventana has stepped into the mix as well. I believe that a company called Momentum Engineering, out of Ft. Collins, CO used to make a rear as well that many builders (incl. Battle Mtn. Bikes out of WY) may have used as well.
    One question. Totally out of my league, knowledge wise. Why haven't single pivot rears become popular with the smaller builders? I seem to remember a company (from interbike a year or two back) that made an aftermarket steel rear for the Santa Cruz Heckler or Bullit. It would seem to be just as easy for a builder to make a standard front triangle for a single pivot design as it would be to do a 4 bar Titus type rear. Any input?

mtbr member
    Sycip custom /w 3-4-5" adjustable Ventana rear match it with adjustable Fox Talas. suited for all condition all mountain trail bike.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

On your Sysip,

Quote Originally Posted by Lordie
    Sycip custom /w 3-4-5" adjustable Ventana rear match it with adjustable Fox Talas. suited for all condition all mountain trail bike.

What is the chainstay length? I'd love to get a full susp. Just used to riding really short chainstays on my bike(s) past and present. The longest, at 16.6".

mtbr member
    mine is currently set @ 16 5/8"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordie

so a nice bike, can i borrow it permanently?

mtbr member
    ok lor. come over and take anytime

mtbr member
    wife's bike
    I measured pivot to pivot chainstay 15 3/4"

mtbr member
    pic of Sycip FS
    Attached Images Attached Images

baggin ho's
    If indy fab ever makes a steel version of the tungsten electrode that would be the best steel custom bike available. The DW link is perfect

mtbr member

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by MC9.5
    Holy pedal feedback; the high forward pivot should give it a snappy pedal feel but the chaingrowth looks like alot. It's still nice to see some smaller builders out there. If you're looking for a cromo DH rig BMC makes one without the huge chaingrowth. Curtlo has a great product at a great price; not to mention you can get it in either 26" or 29" wheels and 4 or 5" of travel.
    Last edited by slowrider; 03-15-2006 at 01:41 AM. Reason: mistakes

Members who have read this thread: 0