Staran FSM-140- Mtbr.com

Thread: Staran FSM-140

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Staran FSM-140

Figured there should be a thread for Staran bike owners to discuss these well-priced steeds!

Just purchased a Staran FSM-140 size medium last week and so far I can only say I am impressed!

Put an xt drivetrain and a pike on it, and it's handled everything I've thrown at it so far. My only uncertainty when I ordered it was whether the green would be almost too green, but nope. Pretty similar to the Bronson green.

The frame with the factory float x, bb, and fsa headset cost me about 1350 usd. Whole build is right around 3k. Feels like double that.

Their custom services has been great, Jeff was very helpful through the process.

Didn't see any other threads started by Staran owners on this site or pinkbike so I started this one up for other owners to chime in or for anyone to ask any questions.

Edit, better pics:

Staran FSM-140-p4pb14602839.jpg
    Staran FSM-140-p4pb14602829.jpg
    Staran FSM-140-p4pb14602833.jpg
    Staran FSM-140-p4pb14602827.jpg
    Last edited by philipmcm; 04-15-2017 at 04:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Staran FSM-140-img_4520.jpg

I just recently pulled the trigger on one myself. It took a bit little some time to get it shipped out, but I think it was well worth it. For the price and specs (including some upgrades they offered on initial 2017 orders), I am very happy with my purchase. And yeah, the green looks a lot better in person, I was a little worried about that too!

It's been a few years since I last road, and in the past I stayed pretty low budget, so I am pumped to go hit the trail!

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Awesome man! Their build prices are really great, I just had so many components waiting to be used. Still need a dropper though...