SRAM Deraillure's- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

SRAM Deraillure's

Hey I have a question about Rear Deraillure's. I have a shimano XTR non shadow rear deraillure right now and it bangs the frame a bit. I'm not too concerned about it, but I have an opportunity to get a new set of SRAM long or medium cage X.0 rear deraillure and shifters for a song and dance so I was curious as to getting a set of em. Do the clack the frame like the shimano one I have now?

Thanks!

BMJ
    "55 lbs and climbing!"

Grab It!

Sram shifting rocks!

Thier derailliers don't swing forward so you'll never get clackin'.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMJ
    Sram shifting rocks!

Thier derailliers don't swing forward so you'll never get clackin'.
    That is what I thought, just wanted to make sure.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    The SRAM vs. Shimano topic gets kicked around endlessly on this and other boards.

But IMHO there is no comparison, SRAM all the way. I've ridden both and am amazed at the reliability and low (zero) maintenance required by my SRAM x-9s.

I'm living the dream!
    You can't go wrong with the SRAM. It doesn't touch the frame and the shifting is crisper than anything Shimano has to offer. You are aware you'll need SRAM shifters though... right? The Rear D is 1:1 and isn't compatible with Shimano shifters. Even if you have to get new shifters, it's still well worth the investment IMHO!

mtbr member
    all i know is i had shimano stuff and would always have issues with stuff misaligning...i haven't touched my sram settings for a year. nutty. the shifts are definetly more pronounced and i know where i am (if that makes any sense). hell they don't even have the gear indicators on the shifters but i got used to that fast too. plus the all thumb shifting is nice.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I have no issues with the Sram derailleurs. I have issues with the trigger shifters (X9), they stopped indicating the correct gear not long after I got them. Maybe they've addressed this by now though? These were when Sram first made triggers.

I'm living the dream!
    I haven't had a problem with my shift indicators but the newer X9s and XOs don't have the indicators so it shouldn't be a problem.

nerfherder
    Yeah, it's moot now that there are no indicators.

Older than I feel
    Aug 2006
    I'm plenty happy with the X.9 RD on my XCL. I'd love it if SRAM could do a low profile version like the Shimano Shadow RD.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EMrider
    The SRAM vs. Shimano topic gets kicked around endlessly on this and other boards.

But IMHO there is no comparison, SRAM all the way. I've ridden both and am amazed at the reliability and low (zero) maintenance required by my SRAM x-9s.
    Thanks for the picture Ricky. Can't wait to see ya at DSG. I know about the need for shifters plus the deraillure, thats not an issue. The xtr stuff would be a hand me down to the fiance's superlight.

I'm living the dream!
    Did you get a teammate for DS&G or are you doing the full 12 hours solo?

mtbr member
    I got a spot on Undercover Millionaire. If not I was going solo but looks like I wont have to have my life flash before my eyes trying to run it solo.

I'm living the dream!
    Cool! Look forward to seeing you there!

Members who have read this thread: 0