Spooky Cycles - PLEAS HELP!!- Mtbr.com

Apr 2005

Spooky Cycles - PLEAS HELP!!

Hi, I own two spooky bikes, a Pitboss and a Metalhead. I'm looking to re-paint both, but will need two sticker/decal sets. I've been looking all over the net and ebay for them and can't find anything. I even asked Sinister bikes for some help, but no response yet. I can't find a place that would even make stickers/decals without having to get them in bulk and having to pay about $160 a piece for each.

Does anyone know if the "Spooky" downtube logo is in a font I could find or anything? i took my time and drew out a logo the best I could from one of my old t-shirts, but the font is different. It worked out kinda cool though, and I had a custom hat made, which turned out awesome, and a t-shirt for work. I should upload some pics of those, anyone wanna see?

Anyways, Please...anyone....I'm completly lost, and I really want to re-fresh my bikes with new paint! There's two pics on the bottom, one of the logo I made, and the other of my pitboss's downtube sticker for reference...

mtbr member
    There are none of the prismatic diecut vinyl stickers left anywhere, those were really expensive for us to make as well. I can help you out with Metalhead toptube stickers, as I have about 20 sets of those.

_Mickey
    (offical spooky historian and ex-supergrom)

Apr 2005
    That's awesome. Do you know how to know what general year, or if one frame is older than another by the stickers? I noticed they came with the rectangle white/black downtube logo, then reveresed the white/black, then the prismatic downtube ones... That seems to be there only downfall, is there stickers. The paint is pretty weak too, a lot of paint bubbles and uneven areas.

Were all the spooky pitboss and metalhead frames both easton aluminum, or was that just the darkside? Just want to know what kind of aluminum my frames are made of. Thanks again!

mtbr member
    Darksides were ProGram, Pitboss'es were Rad and Elan, and the Metalhead was straight gauge 6061.

Sticker progression was like this;

Single color diecut vinyl
    Celtic knot stickers, red ink on white paper and black on white
    Prismatic Stickers
    Black or white paper stickers.

nycmtb.com
    I could make those, no problem. I work for a sign company here in NJ. The question is do you have any artwork (vector art) I can use or would I have to make it myself.

Apr 2005
    That's awesome. I can get some close up pictures next to a ruler if that helps? I can't find an image of a flat image or the spooky artwork other than a metalhead top tube sample. I hate to ask, but how much roughly will this be, I'm not loaded, and i don't want to lead you on making it look like i'll buy these for sure. Thanks a lot for the info, I really appreciate your help! I'm going to try and remove my stickers and see if they come off in one piece to scan them all. I don't think it will work, so i might not even try. Thanks again!

Apr 2005
    Eureka! After going through a bunch of endless fonts, i finally found...the one... It's called Celtic Bold, all in lower-case letters. bastard4life, is there anyway to get the prismatic effect on a set of decals made? This is awesome, i can't believe i finally nailed it. If anyone needs that font, you probablly already have it, but I can send it to you if you need it. I couldn't find a free download of it on the internet.

Apr 2005
    After hunting around for the little Celtic symbol next to the "spooky", i found it's formally called a "Celtic Knot". Pretty cool stuff, do a google image search for it...

Apr 2005
    I worked on a decent rough idea for you bastard4life, don't know if the font's roughness would be a factor, as that's as clear as i could get it with my lame ms paint program. It is pretty large, so that has something to do with it too. Anyways, here's what i came up with, along with a metalhead and pitboss logo i found on mtbr somewhere from someone.

nycmtb.com
    Here's what I can do for you, I can give you direct cut vinyl logos in one color or I could give you a two color logo like the one on the green frame. That would be two different colored vinyls layered on top of each other, thus making it a little thicker as well.

Give me sizes, colors and quantities and I'll give you a fair price.

On another note, I ride a Versus Blitz and wanted to change my color scheme too. I emailed Versus and gave them my story and asked if they could email me some of their logo art and they were nice enough to help me out with some Adobe Illustrator files. That's what I call good customer service...

nycmtb.com
    Here's what I can do for you, I can give you direct cut vinyl logos in one color or I could give you a two color logo like the one on the green frame. That would be two different colored vinyls layered on top of each other, thus making it a little thicker as well.

Give me sizes, colors and quantities and I'll give you a fair price.

On another note, I ride a Versus Blitz and wanted to change my color scheme too. I emailed Versus and gave them my story and asked if they could email me some of their logo art and they were nice enough to help me out with some Adobe Illustrator files. That's what I call good customer service...

Members who have read this thread: 0