Soulcraft in Periwinkle Blue- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Soulcraft in Periwinkle Blue

Can anyone here post some pictures of a Soulcraft frame in Periwinkle blue?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Neither here nor there, but I think Sycip does Soulcraft's powder coat.

mtbr member
    What's wrong with Cadmium Yellow?
    No longer member of the bike industry nor society, so don't hassle me.

mtbr member
    Hi, have had a change of mind.Want to go with a lightish blue. I already have a couple of blue parts, crank and stem, and think that if I go with yellow it may look like a "clown bike". Either that or i'll get sick of it very quickly.

mtbr member
    Orange goes REALLY WELL with blue. *thumbs up*

mtbr member
    Maybe, but it is very hard to picture it in my head...... Its a difficult decision.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

try driving your car less
    Quote Originally Posted by 20_bandh
    Maybe, but it is very hard to picture it in my head...... Its a difficult decision.....
    i had to choose a color, and i said 'foock color matching BS' and i went with a neutral color frame, basically offwhite. robin's egg blue sort of color. that goes with everything.

so i suggest black/grey/white, whatever. even brown.
    if you get a color, then keep all the parts black or silver.
    Only boring people get bored.

mtbr member
    Not everyone is afraid of colour, jh.

I often say picking the colour is the hardest part of the custom frame design process, and I guess one of the advantages of someone like me who appart from designing frames has done graphic design of most forms for 13 or so years, is that I can help customers along that road, too.

Yesterday I got a frame back from the powdercoaters that's matte red-brown - a colour almost nobody would choose - but with the Thylacine decals and the silver Paragon sliding dropouts to set it off it actually looks really, really cool.

I actually think duck-egg blue is an adventurous colour jh, but please, for my sake, don't encourage the chromatically challenged! I hate doing mid blue, black or white bikes!

Thankfully though, I think I've convinced 20_bandh to go with pearl orange! YES!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 20_bandh
    héhé
    my voodoo has a bit more bling now with some oldschool kooka racha hydro lever blue anodized

mtbr member
    Pictures???

try driving your car less
    Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine
    Not everyone is afraid of colour, jh.

I often say picking the colour is the hardest part of the custom frame design process, and I guess one of the advantages of someone like me who appart from designing frames has done graphic design of most forms for 13 or so years, is that I can help customers along that road, too.

Yesterday I got a frame back from the powdercoaters that's matte red-brown - a colour almost nobody would choose - but with the Thylacine decals and the silver Paragon sliding dropouts to set it off it actually looks really, really cool.

I actually think duck-egg blue is an adventurous colour jh, but please, for my sake, don't encourage the chromatically challenged! I hate doing mid blue, black or white bikes!

Thankfully though, I think I've convinced 20_bandh to go with pearl orange! YES!
    i love color on bikes. it's more of color matching components that can drive someone mad. say you have your orange bike with blue bits. then you break a crank arm. you are freaking out looking for a stupid blue arm.
    so i decided to go with all black/silver components. and a frame color that would not prevent me from bolting on some green or whatever seatpost if one should fall into my lap.

just saying my experience. i wanted 'sea ice' as my theme for personal reasons. didnt want to pay any upcharge for fades, etc. and i think the 'kandy sparkle' colors look cheesy unless you pay for the real stuff. so light blue for me. we'll see how it comes out.

orange rocks, too.
    Only boring people get bored.

mtbr member
    Not periwinkle blue but playboy blue, the colour is very nice indeed and despite managing to dent the chainstays and throw it down rock gardens (minus rider....), it looks like new with a polish.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Muted colors for me...

Basic black.
    Any type of gray. (Ti, Gun Metal, etc.)
    Or,
    Muted/Olive Greens.

Black parts on everything that I can find.

I like the "stealthy" look of bikes built up this way.

That said....Per not wanting to change the orig. nature of my beloved, older frame....
    My Eastern Woods Research Original Woods Bike frame is ORANGE! Oh, well. That's how the last batch of frames came out of Fresh Frame in Ephrata, PA for EWR in 1997.
    I love that bike. It's my regular trail bike.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

Members who have read this thread: 0