• 09-15-2014
    Agwan
    Soma Wolverine is in the mail!
    It should be here by the end of the week. for the time being it's going to be a pretty direct parts swap over from my Surly.

haven't decided to go with the Alfine wheel or with my MTB drivetrain.

Pictures to follow.

HUZZAH!
  • 09-16-2014
    zorg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Agwan View Post
    It should be here by the end of the week. for the time being it's going to be a pretty direct parts swap over from my Surly.

haven't decided to go with the Alfine wheel or with my MTB drivetrain.

Pictures to follow.

HUZZAH!

Are you using a carbon fork or the steel one? Bike looks cool.
  • 09-20-2014
    Agwan
    Kept the steel! (ack, double posted!)
  • 09-20-2014
    Agwan
    5 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 925039
    Attachment 925040
    Attachment 925041
    Attachment 925042
    Attachment 925043

I'm already happier with it than I expected to be. for two bikes that look nearly identical on paper, they ride remarkably different.
    the alfine is a temporary thing, I have a DT swiss 350/champion spokes/brass nipples/ Velocity Chukker wheel that matches the front that I need to put together. after that it's going to 1x11. baskets and fenders to follow.
    Yay NBD!
  • 09-21-2014
    RPG
    What size is that and what are your measurements? I'm 5'9" and debating between a 52 and 54. On a 52 nature boy now. 52 Wolverine seems to have a bit of toe overlap.
  • 09-26-2014
    Afol
    What size tires are those?
  • 09-26-2014
    Agwan
    It is a 52 and I am 5'9ish with a 31.5 inch inseam. long torso. It fits me perfectly for flat bars, might be a bit long if I was looking to run drops standard road geometry , but drops with touring geo should be just right

And the tires are 38mm Little Big Bens
  • 10-03-2014
    emat
    1 Attachment(s)
    Picked up my Wolverine frame today, finally. Upon inspecting it, I've discovered an indentation on the inside of the left fork leg. This looks odd to me and has me a bit concerned. On the other hand, maybe its normal. Does anyone else have a dent like this on their fork leg?

Attachment 928745
  • 10-03-2014
    emat
    I'll try to answer my own question. After looking at it some more I've decided it must be to provide room for the brake rotor. Am I right?
  • 10-03-2014
    Agwan
    That indentation looks intentional, but let me run out to the garage and get a look at mine.

...yeah, it's there. It looks like I've got room to run pretty much any rotor I want here!
  • 10-04-2014
    emat
    Thanks for the confirmation Agwan.
  • 10-06-2014
    PHeller
    Hey guys, what are the final build weights for the Wolverines? Curious if they are under 24lbs with gears.
  • 10-06-2014
    Agwan
    being that I'm running an IGH and Deore cranks.... and my front wheel is a Chukker. My bike is going to be heavier than 24. once I get my more final parts on this build. I'll weigh it and post it here.
  • 10-16-2014
    Agwan
    Okay, come tomorrow morning I'll have ordered a bunch of parts to finish up this bike as well as started assembly on a rear wheel that will match the front.

11-28 10 speed 105 cassette, Shimano Zee Derailleur and shifter, gold hoses and shift housing, pauls chain keeper, and a gold KMC chain.

thing will look awesome. also I know it's odd to use a DH derailleur on a roadish bike. but the spacing is there and I ride a flat bar. so it works. weights be damned.