Soma 4one5 - Anyone ride one?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Soma 4one5 - Anyone ride one?

Hi there,

I've been riding a Soma 4one5 for about 12 months now and cant speak highly enough of this bike.
    I first started with a rigid fork but have recently swapped it out for a new 80mm Sid.
    The Sid is a great fork and makes the bike so much smoother, particularly for my wrists.

Im interested to see what setup other riders have on their 4one5, mainly what length fork, stem setup and handlebar setup.

I ride a 17inch frame with a 0 degree stem and a flatbar, and have noticed that the bike tends to oversteer a wee bit and feels a bit nervous on the downhills.
    I think i will try a riser bar and see how much of a difference that makes, but im also interested to see what effect there would be from extending the Sid out to 100mm, which is relatively easy mechanically-wise.

Though this could have the same effect on the handlebar height as putting on a riser bar (lifting the bars by about an inch) it would also lengthen the wheelbase and slacken the head angle - which im not sure would help this frame or not.

I put a 100mm fork on my ala carte, and although it made the bike too lazy - the frame was too big for me and i don't think it was a good trial considering.

Does anyone have any feedback from running a 100mm fork on this frame?

Cheers for any help,
    Wil

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Just some quick pics of the bike for reference.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

low speed, high drag
    Jan 2008
    Old thread I see, but I've decided to build one probably starting next month, I'll be putting my RS Tora 318 which I'll probably run at 100. Great looking bike, a bit of a nostalgic buy since I'm from the 415...

Members who have read this thread: 0