Softail Brake Jack?- Mtbr.com

Dec 2004

Softail Brake Jack?

Can anyone chime in on this one and let me know if softails are susceptible to brake jack; physics isn't my strong suit, neither is deductive reasoning

Specifically, I'm thinking of John Castellano's work, only soft tail I'd consider....
    Thanks

Jan 2004

No brake jack here

Hi,

I have a Fango. No brake jack but fork dive is possible depending on your fork pressure or type (terralogic's - no dive). Great bike. See a pic here http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=67353
    cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by oleanderjim
    Can anyone chime in on this one and let me know if softails are susceptible to brake jack; physics isn't my strong suit, neither is deductive reasoning

Specifically, I'm thinking of John Castellano's work, only soft tail I'd consider....
    Thanks

SingleTrackSal
    Thanks Paulo, but I just bought a Turner Burner frame! I really lamented over the decision, it was between the Burner and the Fango, but as I'll only have one bike I decided the Turner would fit my needs a little better. Now, if I could have a stable of bikes as fine as yours, well then, I'd be very happy indeed!
    I met John Castellano and his wife at Interbike this year and discussed his design for quite some time with him, very good guy. And, you'll be excited to hear this, he had three different Silk Ti bikes on hand: a 26" MTB, a 29'er, and a 700c road variant. All looking very, very beautiful.
    And speaking of beautiful, my brother and his wife were recently on holiday in Portugal and they shared all the photos from their trip with me. I must say, I'm captivated by the sights of your country, and my brother said that the people in Portugal were wonderful too. I'm resolved to travel to Portugal someday; if I do maybe I should bring my bike and we can go ride!
    Thanks again Paulo,
    Wil