Hey,
    Post 'em if you've got 'em!
    Thanks
  • 06-23-2006
    luckyiron

:D
  • 06-23-2006
    madhatter
    Coming up shortly is a picture of my Seven cycles teres....when I`ve taken a one that is. Apart from pictures what about ride experiences...?
  • 08-11-2006
    JediSith
    3 Attachment(s)
    Softail
    This is a Dean JesterSoftail made out of Reynolds 853
  • 08-26-2006
    29 and Rigid
    Quote:

Originally Posted by luckyiron

:D

sweet looking bike!!
    Althoug,that suspension design looks an awful lot like the Scalpel, is Orbea paying Cannondale to use that design or am just loking at it wrong
  • 08-27-2006
    RWGreen
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here's one I sold a couple years back to get a real bike ;)
  • 08-27-2006
    20_bandh
    Hm, i personally cant see the point of soft tails. Would be cheaper and better to buy a hardtail and rig it out with a Cane Creek suspension post..
  • 08-27-2006
    sparst
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 20_bandh
    Hm, i personally cant see the point of soft tails. Would be cheaper and better to buy a hardtail and rig it out with a Cane Creek suspension post..

very true, in fact it'll be lighter as well... .although by looking at the soft-tail design, the saddle will not move relative to the cranks, so the pedaling motion remains the same throughout the suspension. whereas with a susp post, the knee bends differently when the post compresses, so pedaling motion changes.

so i suppose for more consistent pedaling, ppl might prefer soft tails. though i must say the Thudbuster looks pretty trick
  • 08-27-2006
    RWGreen
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 20_bandh

I'm sure there are differing opinions - but for me, the comfort benefits from the design were secondary to the improved traction, which you would not get from a suspension seatpost, along with the changing seat angle/height from the susp seatpost.
  • 08-27-2006
    Polk
    2 Attachment(s)
    Here's my 2001 Ibis Ripley (the only year they made them). Still going strong with 16,000-17,000 miles of trails under the tires.

Update! My 2007 Fox 80 RLT showed up, so the 2003 SID Team is no more.
  • 08-28-2006
    xmynameisdan
    https://danatkins.no-ip.org/apache2-...s/img_1824.jpg (Too big to post)

I loooooove this bike man
  • 08-30-2006
    Polk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xmynameisdan
    https://danatkins.no-ip.org/apache2-...s/img_1824.jpg (Too big to post)

I loooooove this bike man

I like it! The color looks just a little lighter than the "Pond Scum" color of my Ripley.
  • 08-30-2006
    xmynameisdan
    Thanks! Castellano actually calls the color of mine pond-scum as well. It's a purdy color.