Is The Smith & Wesson Perimeter Police Bike Any Good?- Mtbr.com

Jun 2008

Is The Smith & Wesson Perimeter Police Bike Any Good?

I currently ride a 2008 Specialized HardRock Sport for commuting and was just looking at the 20" Smith & Wesson Perimeter Police Mountain Bike online and was wondering if that would be a trade-up. The S&W is an attractive bike and just was curious if anyone has any knowledge of this or maybe a review.

Thanks for any info,
    Ryan

Big Gulps, Alright!
    In a word: no.

Looks like it's primarily sold at department stores and the like. It's got some decent components but it looks to be a rebranded wally world bike.

The Hardrock is a solid bike and if you want to make it better for commuting you should consider a set if slicks or semi slicks if you don't have them already.
    Axle Standards Explained

Founder at North Atlantic Dirt, riding & writing about trails in the northeast.

Jun 2008
    Thanks for the reply!

I figured it might be a lower quality bike by the price, it looked solid and plus in the black and white scheme it stood out so I was misguided.

As far as the tires I'm currently using the 26" Hemisphere Armadillo, which are probably not as good as slicks but I wanted a more bulletproof tire which I've now lined with a kevlar strip and I also use a heavy duty tube to try to avoid flats.

Members who have read this thread: 0