sizing of a MC rumble?- Mtbr.com
    Portland, OR

sizing of a MC rumble?

posting for a friend. he just got a 2003 MC rumble in a medium size. what really is the size of this frame, like 16 inches ? 17 inches ? he wants it for a trail/AM/park DJ bike. so we think it might actually be too big of a frame for that use ?
    Ibex bikes

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by todd_freeride
    posting for a friend. he just got a 2003 MC rumble in a medium size. what really is the size of this frame, like 16 inches ? 17 inches ? he wants it for a trail/AM/park DJ bike. so we think it might actually be too big of a frame for that use ?
    The seat tube length is about 17" on the medium Rumble. Unless he's under 5'-5" or so, it should be fine. I'd choose the small size for dirt jumping though, with the only drawback being that some people hit their feet when spinning the bars.

Portland, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    The seat tube length is about 17" on the medium Rumble. Unless he's under 5'-5" or so, it should be fine. I'd choose the small size for dirt jumping though, with the only drawback being that some people hit their feet when spinning the bars.
    yea, he's 6'1" and used to ride a porter...and that was a freaking small frame, he's actually more worried about it not being flickable or as nimble as his old porter.
    Ibex bikes

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

Deadhead
    Mar 2004
    I've had two medium Rumbles and I'm about 6'2". Your buddy should be fine with a 45-65mm stem on it. It's supposed to be a 23" effective toptube. The headtube is really tall so keep that in mind when picking front end parts.
    "If you can get both wheels sliding with no brakes, that's when you really know that you're cookin." Nathan Rennie

Members who have read this thread: 0