Shock Reducers for Nicolai UFO- Mtbr.com
    CAO
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Shock Reducers for Nicolai UFO

Anyone got a source for shock reducers? I've talked to two dealers/shops, left messages with the US distributer and after 3 weeks nothing. No call backs or emails. So the wait continues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd call direct but don't speak German.

a tight kick sound
    You have emailed Matt the US Rep.?
    He is usually really good at getting back to people quickly.
    Try him again. I actually had him make me a set last year! Took about 4 days from when I asked for them till I got them!

Good luck...

Ohhh...mind me asking what happened?

booner

CAO
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Thanks Boone, yeah I contacted Matt but will make another round of calls/emails tomorrow (Monday) and see if we can get the ball rolling. By the way, thanks for providing his info and BlackSheeps in the other thread, super helpful having contacts. I don't mind being with out a bike for a little bit but hate to waste time with it. It's good to know that he has the ability to manufacture small parts here in the states, and I'll keep you posted.

"Its All Good"
    Feel free to call Nicolai in Germany, they have no problem speaking english at all..........

Falco Mille: (+49) 5185-60266-14 he helped me HUGELY
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

CAO
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Will do if I don't hear back from the US sources by mid week. I'd like to support the US vendors for carrying the brand but it's nice to know that the language barrier is no longer an issue.

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, I got called into work and when I got home these were waiting
    Attached Images Attached Images

a tight kick sound
    Bling bling!
    Gravity retarders and dolla bills y'all That should be a new rap song.

What shock you putting on the ufo? Did you ever show us a pic of your rig yet? If not this would be a perfect time to do so...

CAO
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boone
    Bling bling!
    Gravity retarders and dolla bills y'all
    Just wait till the release of the Don Magic Wan version of the Ventana, it's almost done just a few more bits to show up. Those new Gravity Droppers have a much faster action than the originals.

There was a pic on the other thread but here it is again, UFO & BMXTB.
    Attached Images Attached Images

CAO
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    it's got a 5th on it but I have a dhx-a or rp3 that could go on. the avy on the table is going back to be valve for the ventana but i guess i could try it on the UFO.

a tight kick sound
    hahaha

Nice, I remember those now! Great stuff.
    You should have a ufo ST in that mix too

CAO
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boone
    You should have a ufo ST in that mix too
    Yeah those are looking sweet. I'll be looking for a replacement for the SuperMoto sometime in the next year and it is on the short list but I would like to try their gearboxx, at least a demo but there are a couple other contenders too.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by CAO
    Yeah those are looking sweet. I'll be looking for a replacement for the SuperMoto sometime in the next year and it is on the short list but I would like to try their gearboxx, at least a demo but there are a couple other contenders too.
    Love those colours for a frame, that was my second choice, but had to do the Nucleon in Camo and all black................ I emailed Matt at the Eurobike last Friday re how the CCDB was coming along, no reply yet. Hopeing it is on its way.... Hoping you have heard CAO....

boone, its coming along, Ethan has sent all the components, tracking numbers etc, the bits in bobs are sitting in customs, so any day now, it is the shock that is going to hold me up........

Yeah ha...... not long now.........
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

CAO
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Yeah I always had a thing for those color from the Martini Racing Porsche's of the 80's. Wafe, you'll have that bike together in no time. I don't know how you survived the wait till now.

Talked to the good folks over at Black Sheep yesterday and hoping they'll get some answers for me soon. 70degrees and sunny, does not help my patiences. Oh well back to the grind so I can hopefully get a ride in this afternoon.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by CAO
    Yeah I always had a thing for those color from the Martini Racing Porsche's of the 80's. Wafe, you'll have that bike together in no time. I don't know how you survived the wait till now.

Talked to the good folks over at Black Sheep yesterday and hoping they'll get some answers for me soon. 70degrees and sunny, does not help my patiences. Oh well back to the grind so I can hopefully get a ride in this afternoon.
    yep those Martini P's were the ducks nuts.......Dont get me onto the car subject. Miss my car sitting in the garage in New Zealand. The downfalls of being transfered overseas....

I dont know how I have survived either, only just I can say that. Just emailed Matt again at Eurobike, re the shock status....

Indeed good fulla's at Blacksheep Cycles....

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    CAO, feel free to email me directly on Nicolai stuff. You can usually get my attention a bit faster than calling the shop directly. I can get what you need.

CAO
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Err
    CAO, feel free to email me directly on Nicolai stuff. You can usually get my attention a bit faster than calling the shop directly. I can get what you need.
    You guys have been awesome to deal with and I greatly appreciate your efforts to get in touch with Nicolai. You have definitely earn lots of future business with me. You are going above and beyond, having them made for me locally. Thanks again far all of your help.

"Its All Good"
    No tbeing biased, but Err and Blacksheep Cycles have been magic to deal with, awesome in fact. They want you to have the ride you want, give direction where needed, but dont push you into what they wish to sell. Yes my purchase of a Nicolai has been somewhat a struggle and a long wait, but this is not to do with BSC..................

Glad CAO that they have been able to help you.....

Members who have read this thread: 0