Seven Tsunami: new love for an old bike- Mtbr.com
    Brass Nipples!

Seven Tsunami: new love for an old bike

My Tsunami is now 7 years old. I had it made with couplers, rack mounts and rear facing dropouts with a derailleur hanger so it's a very versatile bike.

It's been on many big (100-200 mile) road rides with 23 mm wide tires, 48/34 chainrings and an 11-32 cassette. The last few years, I've had it set up as a fixed commuter (48x19) with fenders and 38 mm wide slicks. Last year I bought a dedicated fixie (Surly Steamroller) as a commuter, so the bike has been gathering dust since then.

Last week I set it up as a true cyclocross bike for the first time. Gearing is now 36/46x12-26. I changed out the road style bar for a Salsa Bell Lap. I'm using WTB Cross Wolf tires and I put on a set of Dura-Ace 9 speed shifters left over from when I converted my road bike to 10 speed.

Now, after 6 rides and about 100 total miles on the road and bike paths, I've still got a big smile on my face every time I ride it. If any of you feel your riding is getting stale despite having the latest and greatest, consider showing some love to an old ride, it can pay back in spades.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Members who have read this thread: 0