Sette Riddik build- Mtbr.com

Aug 2006

Sette Riddik build

Heres my Sette built up. Let me have it for the purple, I still think it looks awesome with the flat black, I am going to powdercoat the links black as well, I also have a Thomson Elite on order, no way i trust the Ringle mOby at that type of an angle. Oh and I have not weighed it, but it is deffinately under 30lbs, the wheels and tires weigh nothing and the xtr v's ar elighter than discs and still stop good enough for xc. The fork is fantastic by the way.

Cereal Killer
    Nice looking bike. I've always liked the look of that bike, but was worried it would weigh too much. How much is the frame weight? Looks good, except for the seat post. ;-)

Aug 2006
    I think it is probably a little heavy but for that price what do you expect. The shock on this thing is top notch though, it goes for almost 400$ by itself. Overall the quality of the frame is real nice, the paint is awesome, the machining is great, a couple of negatives I have are the deraiuler hanger was bent and installed incorrectly because it was bent before, but I was able to take it off and straiten it and hopefully I did not stress the metal too much and weaken it, the hanger itself is super cheap looking, it's cast aluminum, not billet, maybe designed like that to keep from damaging the frame if it is too strong. The other nit pick I have with it is, since I am using v brakes, the frame comes with a couple of sleves to put inside the disc brake hose keepers on the top tube, so you can run cables, well it looked like they were made to use sections of cable housing and I used two peice housing for the rear brake and when I pulled the brake the first time, the cable housing pulled through the sleeves, so i had to use full length rear brake housing , but i am going to switch to disc eventuall so probably a no issue. Over all I am happy with the bike, most of a bike build is the componets you use anyway, they also throw in a nice FS heaset, and a nice quality seat post clamp. I think you might be able to shave a lb or so off of it if you switche to some BETD DAWG links, the stock ones are pretty thick and machined as solid pieces with no holes, plus youd get an extra inch of travel.

Members who have read this thread: 0