Sette Reken as 650B

Printable View

  • 10-10-2011
    mcscycle
    4 Attachment(s)
    Sette Reken as 650B
    I just built up a Sette Reken frame into a 650b! It's set it up as a 1x9, with a XFusion Fork. I took it out saturday for a 7 mile ride and so far I like it. This was my first time with a 650b.
  • 10-15-2011
    hcarreathers
    Nice build! I like the green. I might have to try that with my Reken.
  • 10-20-2011
    MMcG
    Lookin good sir!
  • 11-03-2011
    120
    That's pretty cool! I'm thinking of building one of these too.

    Do you know what the BB height is?

    Also, how does Sette do the graphics? Are they painted or under a clear coat; decals?

    Thanks!
  • 01-14-2012
    warwickcruz
    Nice Reken! Can you tell me how much clearance you have by the seat and chain stay? It looks like it clears well, I'm just curious how much. You're using 2.35 tires, right? Thanks!
  • 12-10-2012
    JMac47
    ???????
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by warwickcruz View Post
    Nice Reken! Can you tell me how much clearance you have by the seat and chain stay? It looks like it clears well, I'm just curious how much. You're using 2.35 tires, right? Thanks!

    I see no response but they look like 2.1's, could be wrong, but I have seen another build with 2.35's.

    I'm always looking for the tire stamp that's usually just out of focus or off camera. :skep:
  • 12-13-2012
    DirtyUSAF
    Nice looking bike! :madmax:
  • 12-13-2012
    DirtyUSAF
    [Also, how does Sette do the graphics? Are they painted or under a clear coat; decals?

    Thanks![/QUOTE]

    The sticker is under a clear coat, but proper sanding and a new paint job itll be legit! I'll be painting my Derro to a all matte black powder coat next month. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:
  • 12-13-2012
    JMac47
    1 Attachment(s)
    Old post I know....
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by 120 View Post
    That's pretty cool! I'm thinking of building one of these too.

    Do you know what the BB height is?

    Also, how does Sette do the graphics? Are they painted or under a clear coat; decals?

    Thanks!

    But in case you're still wondering it's still fairly low for a conversion.
  • 02-14-2013
    JMac47
    Bump!

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by warwickcruz View Post
    Nice Reken! Can you tell me how much clearance you have by the seat and chain stay? It looks like it clears well, I'm just curious how much. You're using 2.35 tires, right? Thanks!

    After recieving my frame yesterday and throwing my 650 wheel in back for a quick check, there's plenty room for a 2.2 Wolverine and 2.35 Nevegal! In shop now for a an SS build. Should be a nice little trail zipper. Pix to follow.
  • 02-15-2013
    JMac47
    4 Attachment(s)
    Budget SS Project complete
    Attachment 772029
    Chainstay clearance
    Attachment 772030
    Seat stay clearance
    Attachment 772031
    Profile shot
    Attachment 772032
    Ok, some sentimental bling carried over from parts bin.....
  • 02-15-2013
    MMcG
    Nice!
  • 02-15-2013
    JMac47
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MMcG View Post
    Nice!

    Yes, surprisingly so. I'm happy with it. I put my WTB trail center lock wheelset on so I could run the XT brakes. Couold probably lighten things up abit if I used my XD Lite's and CrossMark's f&r, but those are on my Bastardo to help lighten that up.

    I may even put a 2.2 Wolv on the back of this too, for a little more cush, as it fits.
  • 02-15-2013
    jkad
    Looks good bro!
  • 04-04-2013
    toot334455
    I want to do this as well. Do you think itll work with an 18" frame and a dart 3 fork?
  • 04-05-2013
    JMac47
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by toot334455 View Post
    I want to do this as well. Do you think itll work with an 18" frame and a dart 3 fork?

    Frame yes. Dart afraid not.

    Official 650b fork thread - Page 23
  • 08-02-2013
    shyamrox
    Curiously, what sizes are your 650b rekens? I got a 16" frame for my wife, and i *want* to put 650b wheels on it...but i don't know if it will work on a 16" frame...every post I see seems like they have 18" or 20" frame...havent encoutnered one which yet says they used a 16" frame..
  • 08-03-2013
    JMac47
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by shyamrox View Post
    Curiously, what sizes are your 650b rekens? I got a 16" frame for my wife, and i *want* to put 650b wheels on it...but i don't know if it will work on a 16" frame...every post I see seems like they have 18" or 20" frame...havent encoutnered one which yet says they used a 16" frame..

    Yes mine is a 16". Pix show with 2.1 Maxxus CrossMark. I have 2.2 WTB Wolverines on now which take up abit more room but no issues. I like the added cush of the true 2.2 but jury still out on using this tread pattern now that loose kitty liter over hardpack conditions have set in on most of my reg ride areas. They are pretty worn so could be a little of that and need to adjust psi.
  • 08-03-2013
    shyamrox
    Thanks jmac! I see your is setup as single speed - do you know if there is enough clearance for a front derailleur with 2.1 or 2.2 650B tires?
  • 08-03-2013
    JMac47
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by shyamrox View Post
    Thanks jmac! I see your is setup as single speed - do you know if there is enough clearance for a front derailleur with 2.1 or 2.2 650B tires?

    Yes. Run them both with fr der.
  • 08-06-2013
    shyamrox
    Thanks again! My final question so far - do you know if the Reken (with 650b wheels, which I doubt would matter..) can it accomodate a 10speed cassette? I'm considering going 1x10 on this build, but would like to know whether it will fit...

    Thanks!
    Shyam
  • 08-07-2013
    JMac47
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by shyamrox View Post
    My final question so far - do you know if the Reken (with 650b wheels, which I doubt would matter..) can it accomodate a 10speed cassette?

    As far as it "fitting on the bike" it all depends on your hub, if it's relatively new style should be no problem.
  • 08-20-2014
    Boise Jim
    Man, I'm scratching my head on this one. I have a 20" frame, but my tires (Specialized Purgatory, 26x2.2) are pretty close to the welded cross piece on the seat stay already. I can't see how a 27.5 could fit in there. They're at roughly " away as it is, so it doesn't look like it could fit.
  • 09-01-2014
    JMac47
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by shyamrox View Post
    Thanks again! My final question so far - do you know if the Reken (with 650b wheels, which I doubt would matter..) can it accomodate a 10speed cassette? I'm considering going 1x10 on this build, but would like to know whether it will fit...

    Thanks!
    Shyam

    Late reply but yes a 1x10 works fine on mine!