Sea Otter Super D- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Sea Otter Super D

I did the 40-49 year old Super D on my Chumba XCL. We did alot of riding on Wednesday and Thursday so my legs felt really tired for the friday Super D. I really lagged on the climb, even though I had a great run at the start. I think the fact that I was at the start really early and stood around for an hour hurt me. I finished 38th. Last year I was 28th. Last year I was running late to the start and got there at the 30 second mark for my class to start. I was well warmed up for the race. I saw the event photographer sitting at the jump on the course so I did a little kicker for the photo. He got a picture of me on the way up and one on the way down. The bike rode stable and solid. Love my Chumba, wish I had placed better. Next year will be better, I am going to start commuting to work three days a week on the road bike.

Anyway after the Super D, I went and qualified for my Dual Slalom class and ended up third fastest qualifier. I got forth in the finals on Sunday and finally was on the podium. (Used the Blur 4X for Dual Slalom)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ride Fast Take Chances

a tight kick sound
    Awesome, great stuff!

Why no XCL for the 4x? I thought chumba was pushing the fact that an XCL could be used as a 4x bike too? I guess when you have a 4x specific bike...right weapon for the job

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Generally, 5" of travel is getting to be too much, epecially when your racing people on hardtails. And a sport like 4x is often times won and lost in the start. I'm not so sure Chumba was trying to push their bikes and mark them as '4x' more than just showing off the bikes that their team riders race.

Can it be raced? You bet, it just won't be as competitive at a high level, such as what their team riders need.

EDIT: This is one horrible peice of writing, so please ignore the errors.
    Last edited by Rover Nick; 04-27-2008 at 10:53 PM.

yarrrp
    May 2007
    nice! congrats on 4th in ds. I had a buddy racing out there so I saw you out there.

a tight kick sound
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover Nick
    Generally, 5" of travel is getting to be too much, epecially when your usually racing hardtails. And a sport like 4x is often times won and lost in the start. I'm not so sure Chumba was trying to push their bikes and mark them as '4x' more than just showing off the bikes that their team riders race.

Can it be raced? You bet, it just won't be as competitive at a high level, such as what their team riders need.

Cool, thanks man

mtbr member
    Looking good!
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0