Rp23 sag setting- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Rp23 sag setting

Hello,
    Im new here,just got a medium xcl a week ago.
    Just wondering if my air pressure setting on the rp23 of about 95 to 100 psi to get about 2cm or around 30 plus percent sag is correct. I weigh around 150 and that is way down the body weight equal to air pressure ratio.
    Specs for the rp23 medium rebound tune and highest compression tune setting.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Bugrans; 01-25-2008 at 02:55 AM.

mtbr member
    I'm 175lbs and I ended up with about 140psi on my RP23 to get about 20-25% sag with PP turned off. You may want to try setting it with it off, as when I turn up the compression (I use #1), I usually end up losing a little sag.

It sounds like your pressure might be a little low, and you might have some bottom out issues when you turn PP off. I usually leave mine in the off position, and just turn it on for road rides or extended fireroad climbs.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the reply my setting seems about correct with yours as reference ,give or take 10 to 15 psi since I run a bit more sag than 25%.I dont use pro pedal when setting sag. What I was referring to with compression and rebound tune are the markings on the side of the rp23 ,with compression tune white bar on highest level out of three bars and rebound tune white bar at 2nd highest out of three bars which corresponds to medium. These are the factory settings that my particular shock came with.
    Ty

Members who have read this thread: 0