RIP Mountain Cycle?- Mtbr.com
    Designated Bleeder

RIP Mountain Cycle?

Well is looks like things are getting complicated out in Portland for Mountain Cycle:

http://www.bikeportland.org/wp-conte...%20RELEASE.pdf

So my question is: Does this mean its a good time to buy a Mountain Cycle or a bad time? I imagine there is going to be some killer deals on some nice MC frames going around. Anyone know how they are planning to deal with warrantees and the like?

The MC Fury was at the top of a short list of frames that I was going to buy and I would be really sad to see them go away... I have heard great things about a lot of their bikes.

Its also sad to see a smaller frame builder getting the shaft. Hopefully Surly, Seven, Transistion and Banshee aren't next.

mtbr member

Do Not Click This Link!!!

I tried and my computer froze.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

No good

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK
    Well is looks like things are getting complicated out in Portland for Mountain Cycle:

http://www.bikeportland.org/wp-conte...%20RELEASE.pdf

So my question is: Does this mean its a good time to buy a Mountain Cycle or a bad time? I imagine there is going to be some killer deals on some nice MC frames going around. Anyone know how they are planning to deal with warrantees and the like?

The MC Fury was at the top of a short list of frames that I was going to buy and I would be really sad to see them go away... I have heard great things about a lot of their bikes.

Its also sad to see a smaller frame builder getting the shaft. Hopefully Surly, Seven, Transistion and Banshee aren't next.
    Mountain Cycle is still going.
    Last edited by TWISTED; 07-16-2006 at 10:23 AM.

Designated Bleeder

Sad

I checked the link and it seems to work fine now. Not sure what happened.

Its depressing that MC is just getting swept under the rug like that. I have worked for small companies before and had similar things happen. Downsizing and off-shore outsourcing are sad realities of business. Too bad, they were about to get some business from me also. Oh well...

SpK

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrider
    I tried and my computer froze.
    That is because you have a 'slow' computer!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I hope you guys can see through the corporate BS of that press release and realize that the author doesn't have a clue.

Designated Bleeder

Bad Deal

I agree with Twisted on this one. No one knows what the heck is going on at MC. I am guessing the most of the people there are looking for new jobs or about to start. Anyone have the capital and want to buy a bike brand?

Mar 2006
    That would certainly suck. Who knows though, from that article it doesn't sound like anyone has a clue what is going on.
    Just in case though, anyone know where I can get a spare deraileur hanger for my 03 rumble? I checked their site and doesn't seem like they have any hangers on there any more.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Ok, What is with extension 28? Do I get a fortune cookie :>

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oreos and beer
    That would certainly suck. Who knows though, from that article it doesn't sound like anyone has a clue what is going on.
    Just in case though, anyone know where I can get a spare deraileur hanger for my 03 rumble? I checked their site and doesn't seem like they have any hangers on there any more.
    Call Mountain Cycle at 503 294 4340 ext 28 and tell her you need an '03 rumble derailleur hanger, or email [email protected]
    The MC online store never worked correctly.

May 2004

Can't be true

Is there anything we can do? I have been super happy with MC. I broke 3 frames in a row until my Fury. Teh customer support was second to none!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    Call Mountain Cycle at 503 294 4340 ext 28 and tell her you need an '03 rumble derailleur hanger, or email [email protected]
    The MC online store never worked correctly.
    You can also get it here online:

http://www.greenfishsports.com/index...OD&ProdID=1024

May 2004

Scary

For Mountain Cycle to "Rest in Peace" would be better than what is likely to happen.

I urge everyone to call Mountain Cycle at 503-294-4340 ext. 28 and ask for technical support or information about the MC frames and how they perform. You will get an idea of the future of Mountain Cycle.
    I just called and talked to a woman that didn't have a clue. I asked her about the new slope style bike. I was wondering which shop I could order it from, She replied (with a strong asian accent and lacking in the english vocabulary) they had shops and asked me if I want to order one. When I said yes, she said to call back in a couple of weeks.

Twisted, spill the beans. Is this a temporary deal, or is this the new MC?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shadfly
    I just called and talked to a woman that didn't have a clue. I asked her about the new slope style bike. I was wondering which shop I could order it from, She replied (with a strong asian accent and lacking in the english vocabulary) they had shops and asked me if I want to order one. When I said yes, she said to call back in a couple of weeks.

Twisted, spill the beans. Is this a temporary deal, or is this the new MC?
    Right now I'm the only person involved with MC who rides or is from this country. No one has given me any clue how long they will keep me there. Currently the company is on "auto pilot". I haven't been told anything about the future of MC or my involvement with it. I've been too busy to answer the phone most of the time.

May 2004

Hang in there

Right now I'm the only person involved with MC who rides or is from this country. No one has given me any clue how long they will keep me there. Currently the company is on "auto pilot". I haven't been told anything about the future of MC or my involvement with it. I've been too busy to answer the phone most of the time.
    Hang in there and keep us posted

mtbr member
    G14

Members who have read this thread: 0