retrotec pic- Mtbr.com

Thread: retrotec pic

loco

retrotec pic

A friend of mine with his new 29er retrotec
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." (Ferris Bueller)

mtbr member
    bigger pics of bike?

and beard?

too cool.
    For a rock steady Gas Tank bag > the DeWidget

bit.ly/BuyDeWidget

https://www.instagram.com/drj0n_bagworks/

Good! Now that Curtis is finished with yours... maybe he can start on mine!

Nice bike. I can't wait!

mtbr member
    Konacoffee, thanks for posting those pics. Retrotec frames are works of art.
    Question: What size frame is that?

I've spoken with Curtis about getting one of his Triple-Top-Tube 29er frames, but am a little concerned about standover height with the curved tubes (since I'm only about 5' 9.5"). I'm sure he can make it work, but it might be a little tight.

Quote Originally Posted by CJones
    Konacoffee, thanks for posting those pics. Retrotec frames are works of art.
    Question: What size frame is that?

I've spoken with Curtis about getting one of his Triple-Top-Tube 29er frames, but am a little concerned about standover height with the curved tubes (since I'm only about 5' 9.5"). I'm sure he can make it work, but it might be a little tight.
    The thing about Curtis is he'll let you know if he doesn't think it will work.

GOD SPEED # 58 # 69 RIP
    awesome, man! old school rules.

for those about to ride i salute you

mtbr member
    Velocipus: Yeah, I've spoken with a few builders trying to decide on a new 29er and Curtis was by far my favorite. What style Retrotec are you getting? Did you go full custom geometry? What size and color?

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    So now there's at least two Retrotec 29ers in NNM. Did your bud specify the location of the brake mounts? Curtis put mine on top of the chainstay and it keeps the nice clean lines of the sweeping seatstays uninterrupted. Just curious.
    - Joe

Velocipus: Yeah, I've spoken with a few builders trying to decide on a new 29er and Curtis was by far my favorite. What style Retrotec are you getting? Did you go full custom geometry? What size and color?
    I've known Curtis long enough to be his guinea pig (i talked him into buying his first mountain bike back when he was a roadie). Quite honestly, I have no idea what's going to happen with the frame.He mentioned something about a peirced top tube. I've seen him do this with tandems and it looks great! All I know is that it is going to have the traditional retrotec two-color paint. Cream head tube to baby blue.
    I am very average sized so I'm going with standard geometry. I know how well his bikes ride. I also stuck my nose in the geometry of my first road bike from him and it road like shyte. He warned me too. Now I leave it all up to him. He's knows better than to listen to me anyway.

mtbr member
    Konacoffee, thanks for posting those pics. Retrotec frames are works of art. Question: What size frame is that?

That looks like it's a medium frame (17.5"-ish), because it looks smaller than the blue interbike triple-to-tube show bike, which was a large. On the geometry sheet that Curtis sent me, it mentions that medium is the smallest Retrotec size available for 29ers.
    I'd rather be riding my bike...

Members who have read this thread: 0