REEBdikyelous or Verhauen?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2013

REEBdikyelous or Verhauen?

Folks, I've been looking to build up a SS 29er over the winter. One of the stipulations ive had is that i want the frame to be made in the USA. So far i've narrowed it down to two frames, the REEBdikyelous, and the Vassago Verhauen. My riding is mostly done in the Harrisonburg VA area, as well as trips to Davis WV as much as my schedule allows. I'm currently riding a Trek Fuel as my full suspension, but dont have a hardtail 29er in the garage after unloading my Karate Monkey...Anyway, i figure this might be a good place to ask for some input on either of these frames, and any help is appreciated.

Thanks folks

Click Click Click
    I would pick the Verhauen, however between those two, I personally don't think you can go wrong. I have been on the OptimusTi (Ti version of the VerHauen) for about two years, and the thing impresses me every single ride. Nice choices! I also ride with several guys who ride the VerHauen and they all say it is one of the nicest frames they have ever owned. Vassago really goes all out with the finishes on the frames... Just my 2cents...
    "You either want to or you don't."

Frame Building Moderator
    There are significant geometry differences there - the Vassago is an old-school XC bike, the REEB is a near-freeride hardtail. They are about as different as two hardtail frames can be. How do you want the bike to ride?

-Walt

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I was thinking that due to the riding we have around here, and how well the 120mm of travel i have on my fuel, the reeb might be a bit more appropriate. I guess the biggest thing is how well the reeb will ride in techy rock gardens? im still learning about how geometry effects ride...

Frame Building Moderator
    If you want to ride tech/rocks/gnar, you want the REEB. But without some test riding on different styles of hardtail, it's a shot in the dark. Geometry is the most important consideration here so go do some reading and then demo some bikes before you buy anything.

-Walt