Rear Shock suggestions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Rear Shock suggestions

Hi, proud Evo owner here, but I'm having problems dailing in my DHX-A. I've tried numerous air and bottom out adjustments, but just can't get this thing right. If I dail it in for riding on rough rocky ground, it just blows through the mid travel on 3 to 4 feet drops. If I pump up the pressure for the drops, it rides too firm on rough trails. I weight around 210 in riding gear and would like to find a rear shock I can live with. I like the idea of a light rear shock and my Evo weights around 34lbs, but the DHX-A is just not doing what I need. Any suggestions from the Evo Guru's?

locked - time out
    "PUSHED" DHX-coil w/ti spring. OR Rocco TST.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    "PUSHED" DHX-coil w/ti spring. OR Rocco TST.
    The Marzocchi web site shows they make a Roco TST that will fit the Evo, but I can't find anyone that sells a 7.8x2 shock.

Jul 2004
    run 20 lbs less than body weight in the main chamber (or whatever gives 30% sag), crank the bottom out full in and run anywhere from 10-20 lbs less than body weight in the boost, propedal to your taste

Trophy Husband
    ROCO air is another alternative. Larger piston than Fox. In 2008, you'll be able to get a roco air with a piggyback resevoir.
    Extreme stationary biker.

Members who have read this thread: 0