rear shock on extreme x2

Printable View

• 05-31-2005
    stinkyrider089
    rear shock on extreme x2
    I have an '04 haro extreme x2, I want to try and get more travel out of the rear suspension does anyone have any suggestions? :confused:
  • 06-08-2005
    Spero
    I dun think there's much room for more travel - I was just checking out my x1 the other day for the same reason.
  • 06-17-2005
    scabrider
    use a longer stroke shock and grind a space in the gussett on the swingarm behind the shock mount, pm westandablaze for more info...
  • 08-16-2005
    KevinM[Freerider]
    Quote:

Originally Posted by scabrider
    use a longer stroke shock and grind a space in the gussett on the swingarm behind the shock mount, pm westandablaze for more info...

PLEASE do not do that!!
    you honestly will not nneed more than 6 inches if you can set the shock up right for waht you use it for. I recentlly went downhilling on an X1, and never bottomed it out of any drop, i had it loose all the way and rebound fast. dont worry about the travel, your fine with 6. your not doing 15 or 20 footers, other wise u would have a diff bike. but haros have strong frames, grinding it down would ruin one of the major pluses of the frame.just tighten your preload and make ur rebound like 3 clicks from the fastest. a friend has an x2, and he never bottoms his out just buy having it set right.

wow and grinding a frame are that fvucking stupid?