Question on EVO Geometry- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Question on EVO Geometry

I have an M/L Evo with the more laid back seat tube and I'm having problems keeping the front tire on the ground on climbs. I'm running a R/S Lyrik 2 step up front and a 90mm stem. On most climbs I have no problems, but on really steep climbs the front end is hard to keep down. Any suggestions on what would help? Would sending it back to Chumba to change the seat tube angle be worth the money? Other than steep climbs, this bike is really great. I have it built up around 34lbs.

Compulsive Bike Builder

Just the basics

Quote Originally Posted by rule6
    I have an M/L Evo with the more laid back seat tube and I'm having problems keeping the front tire on the ground on climbs. I'm running a R/S Lyrik 2 step up front and a 90mm stem. On most climbs I have no problems, but on really steep climbs the front end is hard to keep down. Any suggestions on what would help? Would sending it back to Chumba to change the seat tube angle be worth the money? Other than steep climbs, this bike is really great. I have it built up around 34lbs.
    Been there. If you like the FR feel of the lax geometry, stick it out, man.

Just focus on shifting your weight forward and down in front on the climbs. Without getting any new parts, you can slide your saddle forward and/or rotate your bars forward slightly, and when you climb get as far forward on the nose of the saddle as you can. Bend your elbows and move your chest down and over the bars. You may look like you are climbing twice as steep a grade, but it will help. Beyond that, a non offset post like a Thomson can move you forward, and so can a longer or zero rise stem - again, Thomson makes zero degree stems.
    Disclaimer: ComCycle USA

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    also, slide your saddle as forward as you can on the rails... and, of course, drop your fork when you are climbing.

bbc
    Bueno!
    If you wanted to get the AM geometry, Chumba will switch out your frame for $500.00!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll do what DirtDad suggests and stick it out. Other than the real steep climbs, this bike is perfect for the riding I like to do.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by bbc
    If you wanted to get the AM geometry, Chumba will switch out your frame for $500.00!
    Yup, we've done a couple, and our customers have been stoked so far with the results.
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0