Pricing for IF Steel Deluxe Frame- Mtbr.com

May 2004

Pricing for IF Steel Deluxe Frame

I just wanted to know what the ballpark figure is for a IF Steel Deluxe custom mtn bike frame. I called a shop in my state and the guy quoted $1425 for the frame alone, plus the sizing and fitting. Is that pretty accurate? Is that what getting a bike to fit my not-so-standard body will cost me?

May 2004

I got the same price

I did the exact same thing yesterday - called the LBS in my area for a quote and got $1425, that is pretty close to an online price of $1400 I saw, so yes, I think that is the going rate. I believe that IF has suggested retail prices and that most shops stick close to it.

Feb 2004

Ummm, I wonder about your shop.

For 2 reasons. One, when I bought my Indy, it didn't cost any extra to be measured for custom. And full custom (other than paint) is included in the price.

The other reason is that the shop I now work at does NOT charge for a full roadie fit (guaranteed as long as you own the bike) for anything from a $600 bike to a $6000 bike, not to mention custom sizing, if that is requested.

Happy Trails,
    Bob

Sep 2004

Good job! I've had a IF Crown Jewel steel for 2 years now.

It's the best bike I will probably ever own. You should go to a shop that has a serrota size cycle and get fit up. The measurement guide from IF and the session on the size cycle will allow IF to fit up perfectly. The custom paint can get extremely expensive to say the least. For the record IF frames have only a 30% markup so your gonna have a hard time getting some sort of fire sale pricing.
    Big JuJu

mtbr member

Wrench Science

Hey, we have custom built many IF's and sent them all over the country, here is the link to the page with Frame pricing, but we can make you an excellent offer on a complete bike. If you have any doubts on online buying call IF and ask for Matt Bracken and ask about Wrench Science.

http://www.wrenchscience.com/WS1/Ind...ion/Bikes.html

Jun 2005
    Way over priced,You can get alot better for half the $$$

mtbr member
    Im pretty sure the price is still $1425. If you have the cash, go for it! Mine is the best fitting ,most comfortable mountain bike I have ever ridden.Its expensive but worth every cent it cost me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Got mine for $1400 which included sizing and fitting. It rides great and I have no regrets, I called Matt when I got the initial geometry back because it looked way too small. But after talking to him for close to an hour, he's a really nice guy, I decided to go with the suggested geometry and he was dead on right.

So yeah you can buy a cheaper bike, but that doesn't mean its better.