Polished rear triangles on XCL- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Polished rear triangles on XCL

Hypothetical question here...so, if I were to break the stays (God forbid) on my gray XCL, would the replacements end up being the newer polished style? I'm thinking that would look kinda crappy (anno gray front + polished rear).

Thoughts?

mtbr member
    it could likely be polished - we might be able to do a gray also though - but gray ano and polished actually looks pretty good - we will post pics later.

A.
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

I'm living the dream!
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUMBAevo
    it could likely be polished - we might be able to do a gray also though - but gray ano and polished actually looks pretty good - we will post pics later.

A.
    I'd definitely be interested in seeing what that looks like. Hey Alan, if you don't have a grey frame to try them out on, you can send me a polished rear and I'll take some pics for you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUMBAevo

A.
    Thanks Alan. Looking forward to the pics.

mtbr member
    I'd love to see the detail on what is different on the new stays.. nerdy minds want to know!

mtbr member
    I continue to be more impressed not only by their bikes, but their customer service. I emailed them re the paint chips, and I got reply and then phone call within the hour. They have offered to help me out by getting a polished rear triangle. I am considering doing it, but does anyone have any pics with it on the metallic orange frame?

I have built up my bike with mostly black on it, so please don't tell me that I would have to switch over to a polished stem and seatpost.

You can see pics of my bike under the XCL reviews link. Let me know what you think.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=351785

mtbr member
    I think orange + polished rear would look very nice. Check out this Ventana frame as an example: http://ventanausa.com/frame_elrey.html

I'm living the dream!

Here's one

Here's my Ano Grey XCL with the polished rear. I'll try and post better pictures later as these don't show much contrast. I like it although it would be more noticable with the black or a colored frame.

HPIM0735.JPG

HPIM0736.JPG

HPIM0737.JPG

mtbr member
    Nice bike Ricky D. It doesn't show as much contrast, but it does look sharp.

I'm living the dream!
    Still not the greatest but here are a few more shots to help give you an idea..

mtbr member
    Thanks Ricky D! It definately looks cooler, more blingy.

NWchumba
    so if i like break my xcl frame in half and the chainstays could i get a completely polished bike?

you know it would be sick

WWJR
    Quote Originally Posted by NWchumba
    so if i like break my xcl frame in half and the chainstays could i get a completely polished bike?

you know it would be sick

Members who have read this thread: 0