Please help me and my F4- Mtbr.com
    At least I'm housebroken

Please help me and my F4

Hi, I seem to have a little play in my F4's swingarm. After checking all of the bolts and whatnot, I have come to the conclusion (I think) that the play is in the main pivot where the big bearings are. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can do to remedy the situation? The bearings seem to be fine but I can grab the rear axle and kind of pull up and down a little bit and there is a slight knocking. I don't want to ride this frame and mess something up. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Apr 2007
    The main bearings hardly wear. I think the pivot in the center of your rocker arm just needs to have a new sleeve pressed in . It is easy to do without any special tools.
    Please call me at Chumba and I will set you up with a rebuild kit. This you can either install yourself or send it here and we can do it for you.

Jason .

At least I'm housebroken
    Hey, thanks for the response. Do you mean the big metal cylinder that the bearings pivot around and the bolt threads into? I removed it and it did seem to be a bit worn or perhaps slightly bent. It seemed like the play was coming from that region and hopefully nowhere else. I, at first, was afraid that one of the bolts in the linkage had play.

Apr 2007
    The center bolt is where the play can come from it takes most if the stress. It's is ment to be replacable. I will be in the office on wed or you can call and they will hook you up.
    You want to use the the green boat grease on all of the parts. That stuff lasts the longests.
    It is ment to keep boat hubs lubed even after submerging them in water. GOOD STUFF.

Members who have read this thread: 0