Pivot Mach 5 Demo- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Pivot Mach 5 Demo

First ride on demo Pivot Mach 5. Let me start by saying I'm ride a 07 Specialized SJ Expert and Trek 69er. The Pivot is much more precise and solid feeling over the SJ. I have not weighed the Pivot but guessing it comes slightly less than SJ which is 29 lbs. It's very quiet riding bike. Very little chain or derailler rattling from Shimano XT Shadow.

The suspension allows it to climb very well yet still absorb the small roots. It's not as "cushiony" as the Trek Fuel EX though if that's what you are looking for. Slightly better smoother ride than SJ.

Let me know your questions as I'll try to help answer them. I have the bike for a week to demo.

In dog years, I'm dead.
    Do you have it with the 120 or 140 fork? What rear shock? Tires? Give us your impression on some downhills with turns & cornering at speed. Thanks.
    Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.... (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

mtbr member
    It's a Talas set on 140mm
    Fox RP23
    Kenda Nevegal 2.35 front & Block Eight 2.35 rear

I'm in OH so not too many downhills as compared to out West but the ones we do have it is very confident inspiring.

Members who have read this thread: 0