painted ti frames- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

painted ti frames

just wondering if anyones got a painted ti frame, either a full blown paint job or a fade etc, go on lets see some pics

Not a Barry supporter.
    I have a Dean Ace with a alu rear triangle that's painted blue. You can check out the photo in the Dean thread...I'm at work and don't have a pic.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

In FTF We Trust
    Not to be negative, but I always thought a big part of the beauty of a ti. frame is the fact that it doesn't need to be coated and will be corrosion resistant and easy to clean up. I could maybe see a partially painted ti. road frame, but a painted ti. mountain bike doesn't make any sense to me. If you want a painted bike that rides like ti. and is light, get two steel frames (for the same price).
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

Not a Barry supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by el-cid
    Not to be negative, but I always thought a big part of the beauty of a ti. frame is the fact that it doesn't need to be coated and will be corrosion resistant and easy to clean up. I could maybe see a partially painted ti. road frame, but a painted ti. mountain bike doesn't make any sense to me. If you want a painted bike that rides like ti. and is light, get two steel frames (for the same price).

I agree...the bare medal of my front triangle is pure bliss. If the rear were Ti, I wouldn't have painted it. Since it's alu, I went blue.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

May 2006
    These are pics off of the Seven customer gallery -- the bike is a Seven Sola Ti and the paint scheme is called Night Sky.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0