older chumba evos- Mtbr.com
    ride like you stole it
    Nov 2007

older chumba evos

heres the deal, I want to get a EVO but I'm in college and can't really justify the 1500 for a new one so a I started looking around online and I've found some older ones that I might be able to afford but (I've even found ones from the chumba-wumba days) and I was wondering if there were any problems that the older frames had, and what a max price might be so I know when I've found a deal or not

nerfherder
    How old? I rode a prototype maybe two years ago and I thought was the greatest thing ever. Any of these older bikes local to you so you can get a test ride?

ride like you stole it
    Nov 2007
    I don't know how old the bike is but there is a manufacturer sticker on the bike says its a chumba wumba and I'm pretty sure that they changed there name like in '06 didn't they. and I can't go and test ride the bike I'm just going by the frame size and how much other people have raved about this bike.

mtbr member
    If it says Chumba Wumba on it, it's most likely a Mamba (predescessor to the Evo). It's a bit lighter and has a little less travel (5" I believe).

If you have a link, I can take a look and verify.

ride like you stole it
    Nov 2007
    It looks like I've mis lead some people and I'd just like to clarify that I'm just trying to get info right now cause I'm probably gonna get a frame sooner or later

Members who have read this thread: 0