Old skool Dean input wanted- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Old skool Dean input wanted

Hey,

I've stumbled across an old (94-95) dean colonel frame and now I need some input.

Will this frame ride like a wet noodle? Anyone have experience with this frame?

thx in advance,
    bettes from Belgium
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    I think the down-tube is narrower than on current models. I've heard the older ones were flexier, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I wouldn't plan on hucking it or anything. I'd be more worried about the fit and compatibility with current components (i.e. forks). Looks like it's in pretty good shape, though.

Not a Barry supporter.
    Like Fat Elvis said, I'd be more worried about fit. I'd verify it's got a 1 1/8" headtube. If so, I'd scoop it up in a heartbeat and make a super nice racer out of it!
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

I recently picked up a 96 colonel

Looks just like that except the cable guides . I love it . I dont seem to ride my Turner 5 spot since I found it . Buy it and dont look back. Harry

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryonaspot
    Looks just like that except the cable guides . I love it . I dont seem to ride my Turner 5 spot since I found it . Buy it and dont look back. Harry
    What did you pay for it if I may ask? And was it in the same condition as this frame?

Seems 5spot riders have a sweet spot fot old dean Ti frames then... I own one to.

I'll be building it up with a pace rigid fork and all 950xtr... should ride super on our local singletracks.

greetz
    bettes

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

I paid $900

It was built with xt and had good but not great parts. The frame was in almost as good shape but the decals are showing their age. It handles sooooo nice . Harry

Members who have read this thread: 0