Odering scandium tubes and accessories- Mtbr.com

Mar 2004

Odering scandium tubes and accessories

Hi guys, where can i order scandium tubes and frame accessories? thanks
    and also can anyone teach me how to design such frame. Do you people have bike pictures to show me. thanks thanks

Jan 2004

Nova Cycle Supply

Quote Originally Posted by crash_man
    Hi guys, where can i order scandium tubes and frame accessories? thanks
    and also can anyone teach me how to design such frame. Do you people have bike pictures to show me. thanks thanks
    Nova Cycle Supply is a distributor for Easton who makes a scandium tubeset. http://www.novacycles.com/ Nova has been in business for a long as I can remember (at least back into the '80s). Their website doesn't have much info, but if you contact them, I'm sure they can answer any questions. The main contact there is Lon, I believe.

United Bicycle Institute has classes that teach frame building http://www.bikeschool.com They teach welding or brazing for cromoly, aluminum or titanium.

mtbr member
    Unless you're already an accomplished welder and fabricator, I wouldn't recommend starting with an expensive tubeset like Scandium. Getting the first frame (or the first few) right is pretty unusual. For your initial try, I'd recommend some thicker, lower-end tubes.

You may want to check around to see if there's a local framebuilder who'll train you in exchange for cleaning up, doing grunt work, and massaging his tired feet at the end of a long, hot day. Seriously, it's a great way to get an introduction, if you can find a builder open to the idea.

Good luck.

Members who have read this thread: 0