New Season New Bike- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New Season New Bike

Alright so I decided to see if a Maverick ML7 will take on the abuse of Urban / Freeride bike. So far hitting the dirt jumps its been very well balanced in the air, manuals have taken a little getting use to as the wheelbase is on the longer side, but now that I know where the balancing point, no problem there either.

You will also notice the 150mm fork. Although for XC riding I wouldn't suggest it, it is actually a very nice mate for dirt jumping and freeriding. Slacked enough to go real fast, but steep enough to not feel like a chopper. I was a little skeptical at firs that it wouldn't be able to handle it, but after getting a few rides in, I won't be changing it. Pretty much everything on the bike is DH parts and its weighing in around 34lbs.

The best part overall is the pedaling. Getting out of the saddle and hammering to hit the jumps or pedaling up a hill to get to the trail head is piece of cake. It makes the bike feel considerably lighter than it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

tell me something

alredy made up my mind but then this thing keep coming back to me
    made up my ming of getting the 6.6 but this ML7 make me wonder...
    i want to build as trail bike let me know what you think i'm about 220-230 in a good day and the bike will be use for trail / xc riding a lot of tech' climbing around here, not going to use it for too much freeriding (have other bikes for that).
    let me know what you think
    Thanx

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy
    alredy made up my mind but then this thing keep coming back to me
    made up my ming of getting the 6.6 but this ML7 make me wonder...
    i want to build as trail bike let me know what you think i'm about 220-230 in a good day and the bike will be use for trail / xc riding a lot of tech' climbing around here, not going to use it for too much freeriding (have other bikes for that).
    let me know what you think
    Thanx
    Your a perfect candidate for a ML7.5, 5 inches of travel and pedals like a mountain goat. I just went to the skate park last week and let the bmx kids ride it around and they were totally stunned at how well it pedaled. I would highly recommend taking a close look at the ML7.5 or even the ML8, I keep getting more and more pleased with the ride.
    -----------------------
    The world's only compatible bike builder
    wrenchscience

Sep 2005

Hey Poppy

I picked up the 7.5 a few weeks ago and coming off of a VPP bike... I am totally impressed. It tracks WAAAY better than my Blur at speed, climbs withou rbob or chainfeedback (biggest complaint about the Blur)
    I came very close to getting the 6.6 myself, but i kept balking at reports of the ride from clydesdales (I'm 220 buck nekkid). The ML 7/5 came out to be 3 pounds (28.25lbs) lighter than I estimated the 6.6 to come out with a similar build.

If I were going to jump more and get into some Super D, I think I woulda gone for the 6.6 and put a coil shock on it, but I'm mostly doing wheels on the ground trail riding. I can't say enough good stuff about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

thank you guys

zaxxon & [email protected] thanks
    just wondering about the quality of the constraction (welds, tubes, bearings) of the bike compare to the intense ?
    and about the geometry of the bike, i like the head tub angle of the 6.6 and more the seat angle.
    i can go to the website to find out about the geometry, but the other question is as important.
    another thing is that i live in Jamaica and every little problem that i'll have with the bike is going to be ... so that important
    and last ant to know if WS can build it and ship to jamaica ?
    thanks again

Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy
    zaxxon & [email protected] thanks
    just wondering about the quality of the constraction (welds, tubes, bearings) of the bike compare to the intense ?
    and about the geometry of the bike, i like the head tub angle of the 6.6 and more the seat angle.
    i can go to the website to find out about the geometry, but the other question is as important.
    another thing is that i live in Jamaica and every little problem that i'll have with the bike is going to be ... so that important
    and last ant to know if WS can build it and ship to jamaica ?
    thanks again
    Well, either way, you're not going to go wrong.
    Nice even welds on the Maverick... haven't had to warranty one yet if that what you're asking.
    Maverick uses 6069 Aluminum, Intense uses 6061... I know there are differences that techies call tell you all about, but in a double-blind test, I couldn't tell you which tube was which.

No matter which company you go with, if you have warranty issues, you're gonna have to send the problem back to the states. Both companies have top-notch customer service.

We can ship a bike to Jamaica no problem. Intense has some restrictions on where I can send their product to protect their distributors, but I don't think Jamaica has an Intense distributor. As far as i know I can send a Maverick anywhere.

Give us a call and ask for Dennis... or PM me for my email address.

Members who have read this thread: 0