new chumba evo today- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

new chumba evo today

got my new chumba evo put together today, went for a ride its great, Im an ex downhill racer trying to turn am rider so the cockpit takes a little to get used to, seat to bar ratio seems to be short. Not complaining about the bike its just not what im used to. pedals like nothin else. its a far cry from my 53 pound dh bike. Oh yeah out of the box put together under 35 pounds. Put some miles on it, ended up with two flat tires sucks [email protected]$. Thinking about going tubeless??? Im used to heavy tubes and slime. Just trying to keep weight down. Any ideas. P.S. I love my bike.

I'm living the dream!
    You can't go wrong with tubeless. I've been running them for two years with only one flat.

So, um where are the pics??

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I will try to post some pics this afternoon. Gonna go to the bike store and see if they have a tubeless kit. Thanks for the the info

mtbr member
    You should call Matthew at CHUMBA; he's the master of tubeless and saving weight - 714-986-9100 - I'm sure he'll be able to set you up.

On my Mamba (the predecessor to the EVO) I ran Stan's for 2 years without a single flat and rode a few times per week all over the West Coast.

-A.
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Its official Im tubeless, Running stans, just got back from riding no flats yoo-hoo. Seems to pedal a little better too.

yarrrp
    May 2007
    pics STAT!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I found my cable for my camera pics tonight.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    " width="549">" width="549">" width="549">ta da
    Last edited by jakdupkustoms; 06-03-2008 at 09:38 PM.

yarrrp
    May 2007
    NICE! What cranks? Highrollers? Pedals? go ride that thing off a cliff! and then some jumps.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    FSA afterbuner cranks, Drive platforms, Changed the 100 mm stem out for a 60mm, I got a syncros AM stem coming I think that will put me in the right place 60 out 12mm up. Avid juicy fives, Also got a new seat coming, going to go with the I beam system or whatever the hell they call it, Save some more weight. Plus this seat hurts my behind. I have been riding the hell out of it. Im new at climbing but it climbs well, compared to what I couldnt tell you. Gonna take it up to Santa Barbra this weekend and try some of my old downhill trails Tunnel and Romero canyon. Well see how she does

Members who have read this thread: 0