New Bike - KTM Scarp 29'er Custom Build- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New Bike - KTM Scarp 29'er Custom Build

Thought I'd share a couple of photos of my new XC / Marathon Bike, it's a 2016 KTM Scarp 29'er Prestige built up with 100mm Rockshox RS1 & Monarch XX shock with twin Hydrolock, set up 1x11 with XTR M9000 shifter & mech with XT M8000 cranks & brakes.

DT Swiss factory wheel set set up tubeless with Vittoria Barzo TNT 2.25" tyres and KTM Prime Carbon finishing kit with a Fizik Tundra saddle.

Comes in at 10.8kg / 23.8lbs

KTM Scarp 29 by Steve Bowman, on Flickr

KTM Scarp 29 by Steve Bowman, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Beautiful bike steve_b77 !! Surprised to see the weight at 10,8 kilos though, claimed weight of the stock bike is 9,8 kilos with Sram 1x11 and Schwalbe Thunder Burt tires. What are your impressions of the bike? I am looking at the Scarp as well and at the new C'Dale Scalpel.

Cactus Cuddler
    It's probably a larger size than the one they benchmark on the website. Usable tires add 200g or so, probably 150g for the RS-1 fork but the performance delta should be worth it.
    Gorgeous bike.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys, the bike lists as 10.8kg on the website, the prime build is the same frame & fork just painted differently. Mine is a 19" / 48cm frame. http://www.ktm-bikes.at/en/bikes/ful...34a93b60599fd4
    In the xtr build and 2x11, I've gone 1x but the tyres are probably heavier. Some I'm being conservative on the weight side.

The bike is excellent, climbs really well, just as well as my 29'er HT but descends a whole lot better. It's great in single track too. Comparison wise I had a 29'er Anthem a couple of years ago and this is a far better all round package.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Beauty

Quote Originally Posted by steve_b77 View Post
    Thanks guys, the bike lists as 10.8kg on the website, the prime build is the same frame & fork just painted differently. Mine is a 19" / 48cm frame. Full Suspension - KTM BIKE INDUSTRIES
    In the xtr build and 2x11, I've gone 1x but the tyres are probably heavier. Some I'm being conservative on the weight side.

The bike is excellent, climbs really well, just as well as my 29'er HT but descends a whole lot better. It's great in single track too. Comparison wise I had a 29'er Anthem a couple of years ago and this is a far better all round package.

Rad bike! How does it fit compared to others? Also how do you feel about the 90mm in back. do you feel like its enough for a race XC or you would like more?
    looking at these too and just trying to figure out what size. I float between a Med and Lg so its tricky.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mackdhagen View Post
    Rad bike! How does it fit compared to others? Also how do you feel about the 90mm in back. do you feel like its enough for a race XC or you would like more?
    looking at these too and just trying to figure out what size. I float between a Med and Lg so its tricky.
    I'm 5'11" and with 90mm stem and set back post the fit is bang on.
    I've only ridden a couple of marathons in Wales and some local wooded single track - normal XC style riding - and it's bang on for that.
    I'm doing an event at the weekend, another marathon that has descents from the Welsh Enduro series in it and they're pretty gnarly so I can report back, but I'm expecting it to be excellent.