Need a fork with 1" steerer for a YoEddy. What are my options?- Mtbr.com
    RambleSS

Need a fork with 1" steerer for a YoEddy. What are my options?

Hello all. Ive got a bummer of a story.

So at my last race, the crown on my Marz z2 Atom cracked, bummer. My bike is an older Fat Chance Yo Eddy so the steerer pube is 1", bummer. I need to get a fork on there, and its my race bike so (and the sweetest bike ever) I need a decent one.

What are my options? Getting a new steerer tube is out of the question, because the crown is toast. All the 1" forks ive found on ebay are rock shox quadra noodles, bummer. Anyone have any advice for me? I hate being confined to my P.O.S. squeaky spec singlespeed! Thanks a ton!

Carl

mtbr member
    You should try the Vintage / Retro forum

Good luck,

information leafblower
    Oct 2004

easy...

i have a Bontrager and i feel your pain for finding a decent 1inch fork.

best bet for rigid - has to be waltworks - and better still he now does a straight blade constant diameter with segmented crown which is not dissimilar to the original fat chance big one inch...

i've got one inch, who needs more?

(wanted small or medium 93 or earlier race lite, must have bonded TT cable guides)

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker

Might check here...

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...1+Steerer.aspx

It ain't cheap, but I think it qualifies as a decent 1" fork. As long as you can deal with the A-C of a 80mm Zocchi.

JmZ

Quote Originally Posted by DefenderOfRock
    Hello all. Ive got a bummer of a story.

So at my last race, the crown on my Marz z2 Atom cracked, bummer. My bike is an older Fat Chance Yo Eddy so the steerer pube is 1", bummer. I need to get a fork on there, and its my race bike so (and the sweetest bike ever) I need a decent one.

What are my options? Getting a new steerer tube is out of the question, because the crown is toast. All the 1" forks ive found on ebay are rock shox quadra noodles, bummer. Anyone have any advice for me? I hate being confined to my P.O.S. squeaky spec singlespeed! Thanks a ton!

Carl
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

that Marzocchi looks good

I've got a bontrager race with a 1" judy that I got services from hippie tech. Maybe you can reduce the travel on the Marz.

Members who have read this thread: 0