My Zion idea...- Mtbr.com

Thread: My Zion idea...

mtbr member

My Zion idea...

So...

19" White Zion 660
    Marzochhi Dirt Jumper 3 (Looks like a stout fork and I weigh 270#, also open to suggestions)
    Avid BB5 disc brakes
    Thompson Elite Seatpost
    Cane Creek S3
    Panaracer Fire XC Pros

Then i'll reuse some of my old parts (and upgrade them later on).

WTB Dual Duty rims w/Deore Hubs
    Shimano UN73 BB
    Shimano LX Crankarms
    WTB Speed V saddle
    Handlebars

Undecided is stem (don't know what length).
    Undecided also is if I want to run gears or not. At the point of this being built, i'd have a 29er rigid Monocog and my rigid commuter bike..

Looks like i'll be able to order in a month, if it were not for this damn pet deposit at my new place i'd be ordering end of this month. Looks like i'll have all the new parts by end of July. Just in time for the nice warm weather we have here in central Texas.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    sounds good... go for it!

mtbr member
    It's fun... playing around with how bills are paid... Maybe if i goto the office and act all sad like, i can get my pet deposit extended and move the order up. heh..

that's an idea

mtbr member
    First order placed... Brake Levers.. heh. Had a amazon.com gift certificate for $25, not much I can order there..

Lets see, also ordered my BB5's, Cane Creek S3, Blackspire 34t chainring and stem. Worked out payment with the office, so I can order my frame end of the month.. woo..
    Last edited by Nocturnus; 05-17-2007 at 07:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Nice! will this be a single speed or a geared frame?

mtbr member
    Welp, i'm going SS since I have all those parts to spare. I know i'll prob end up going to a 1x9 setup or something. I dont feel the need to run a triple up front considering last time I had one, I never went from the middle ring. Just gotta save up for one of those DMR or Rohloff chain guides (buddy got the DMR from a local shop for $5! damnit!).

mtbr member
    Sounds like it'll be a nice build. I'm thinking of building a SS zion this summer. I'll spec it the same as my geared zion. Anyway, post some pics when you get her trail worthy. --Mark

mtbr member
    Ok, for a 270# person, before gear.. What would be the best fork to go for...

2007 Marzocchi MX PRO
    2006 Manitou Minute :03
    2006 Manitou R-Seven Super
    Marzocchi XC 600 (friend reccomended this, over my limit, but something to consider)
    Marzochhi Dirt Jumper 3 (I think this might be outta my range, even though it's $25 more then the others).
    Last edited by Nocturnus; 05-18-2007 at 01:22 PM.

mtbr member
    Personally, I haven't had very much luck Manitou forks. I'd stick with either a Marz or a Rockshox. I'm riding a RS Recon right now and I love it! It's buttery smooth. The Marz MX Pro with ETA is also a really nice fork. --Mark

mtbr member
    Man, I just checked out my old Manutou SX-R (added oil) adjusted preload, and I donno. It doesnt feel good. Getting scared of grabbing a suspension fork.. I think I got a little used to rigid so it's throwing me off.

Heh, I could just get a Reba for my 29er and be done!

mtbr member
    And from the looks of it, my GF will be getting me a Reba next week! So my Zion is on hold. Kinda sucks, orderd alot of parts I cant reuse right now. Least the cog will have disc now. I'll prob build up a rigid Zion after summer..

mtbr member
    And project Zion is gonna be back on track. Reba will be here in a couple weeks, then mid summer i'm gonna get a Zion 737 and swap that over and build up a my geared bike (gotta get a new wheelset). Throw my Midge knock off's and get the correct levers and convert the Monocog to my commuter.. yup.

cool! keep us posted!

Members who have read this thread: 0