My new XCL- Mtbr.com

Thread: My new XCL

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

My new XCL

Finished my XCL today. Big to Alan and Jason at Chumba for all your help. Here's a couple pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Looks good you gotta love that blue frame.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Nice build brother!!! I love the blue and white theme!

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    very sick... love the wheels and looks like you got them new sram bars too... XD

nerfherder
    Tell me more about those wheels. I can't quite make out the rims. Mavics, I think, but which? Hubs? And it looks like you have alternating gold and blue nipples. Awesome.

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Quote Originally Posted by scruffylooking
    Tell me more about those wheels. I can't quite make out the rims. Mavics, I think, but which? Hubs? And it looks like you have alternating gold and blue nipples. Awesome.
    looks like Mavic 721 laced to Hope Pro II...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by scruffylooking
    Wheels are Hope Pro II's laced to Mavic EN321 Hoops. Nipples are alternating gold and black. I had these on my Bullit. Build uses new parts and stuff from my Bullit.

Specs:
    Chumba XCL Anodized Blue Medium
    Fox Float RLC
    Float RP23
    King Headset Blue Sotto Voce
    Thomson Post and Stem
    Truvativ bars
    Avid Juicy Five 185mm with matchmakers
    X-9 Shifters and RD
    XT FD E-type
    FSA Moto X cranks
    Atomlab Sealed Pedals

nerfherder
    Very cool! Ride report?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Unfortunately no trails as of yet. Work at a Power Plant and have been puttin in a lot of hours. Maiden Voyage tomorrow. Ridden around the house and the boardwalk in Oceanside though. Bike got a lot of looks and thumbs ups.
    I am already lovin the feel of it. My old Bullit was a tank and not really set up for AM riding. The Chumba is totally opposite. I did make one change already though. I installed a set of Formula Oro K24's instead of the Juicy's. Big difference in lever feel and stopping power. Can't wait to get em dirty.

Proud bike-o-holic
    Looking good! I like the red cables.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Finally got to ride!

Took the XCL out this weekend and I was impressed. A lot lighter than my old Bullit but still has that solid feel to it. Pedals like a dream and feels super plush. No more wheelies when climbing. The bike makes me feel so much more confident. I am looking to improve drastically riding my XCL.
    The only bad thing is, I can't use the "My Bike Is Too Heavy" excuse any more. I also thought the saddle would be an issue compared to my Rocket V but it was surprisingly comfortable.
    Gonna have fun on this bike for a long time. Thanks Chumba!!!

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    glad to see you're digging your rig... Now go out and ride somemore... XD

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Just out of curiousity I had it weighed yesterday and it came it at 32 lbs. May be a little on the heavy side for some people, but since my old bike was around 40 I'd say big improvement. Could probably get under 30 with lighter wheels and tires. Running 2.4 wire bead Advantage up front and 2.35 Highroller out back converted tubeless. I like it where it is now, no changes for me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 02Bullit
    Just out of curiousity I had it weighed yesterday and it came it at 32 lbs. May be a little on the heavy side for some people, but since my old bike was around 40 I'd say big improvement. Could probably get under 30 with lighter wheels and tires. Running 2.4 wire bead Advantage up front and 2.35 Highroller out back converted tubeless. I like it where it is now, no changes for me.

Mine is about 34.

mtbr member
    Nice looking XCL.
    What saddle is that?
    Use of the matchmakers make that bar look clean! Adding that to my list of must-haves.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hunrugger
    Nice looking XCL.
    What saddle is that?
    Use of the matchmakers make that bar look clean! Adding that to my list of must-haves.
    Thanks hunrugger. The saddle is from Chumba. I like the matchmakers but switched brakes to K24s and they are now collecting dust. I need to get the formula version.

Mar 2009
    Hey Larry!

Bike looks great. Sorry I couldnt get back to you via email, been really swamped here. Thanks again brother and hit us up if you need anything

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonkatchumbaracing
    Hey Larry!

Bike looks great. Sorry I couldnt get back to you via email, been really swamped here. Thanks again brother and hit us up if you need anything
    Thanks to you guys for everything and I appreciate all the help. I'm lovin the bike!

Members who have read this thread: 0