My Dean Ace is in QC...- Mtbr.com
    Not a Barry supporter.

My Dean Ace is in QC...

is what I was told today. Supposedly it is to ship in about 2 days. I sure hope I wasn't being fed a line. They've been truthful to this point so I have to believe them (it's my nature). If so, then it'll come in b/w 7-8 weeks. Exactly what I was told.

It sure is gonna be purty with the rear triangle powder coated blue. The Talas fork is gonna match perfect too! Add in the blue King headset and that's one fine lookin' ride.

Now the hardest part...In transit waiting!!!
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

mtbr member
    You lucky guy.. Awaiting the first pictures when the frame has arrived!

bob
    mtbr member
    My Colonel was in various stages of QC for seven weeks. Sorry, you had to know that was coming.

Not a Barry supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by bob
    My Colonel was in various stages of QC for seven weeks. Sorry, you had to know that was coming.
    Yea, that's why I said 'I sure hope I wasn't being fed a line.' I'm not going to count the chicken's thing until I have the frame in my hand. We'll see......
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

bob
    mtbr member
    I think your going to be ok since it's right on time so far. Seems like every Dean delivery story I've heard is either right on time or way off. Keep your fingers crossed.
    Last edited by bob; 02-02-2006 at 07:32 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I think your going to be ok since it's right on time so far. Seems like every Dean delivery story I've heard is either right on time or way off. Keep your fingers crossed.
    your friend was recently quoted 3-4 months straightup... perhaps they've finally realized that 'honesty is the best policy'?? lol

bob
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sparst
    your friend was recently quoted 3-4 months straightup... perhaps they've finally realized that 'honesty is the best policy'?? lol

Yep that's what Tyler told him. I have one more theory to add to the "honesty theory". When my friend ordered his frame, he mentioned my name and Tyler remembered me and no doubt he would remember the wait time. It could also be they only make certain frames/finishes at certain times of the year depending on demand?

Either way, the wait was worth it! I still need to take some pics of my bike and post them.

Not a Barry supporter.

Wuhoo! I just got the tracking # so it should be here in a few days. I'm stoked!!! Pics to come soon.
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

mtbr member
    That remembers me when my frame arrived last year.. that was a great moment.
    Open the box and wow.. that was like christmas in summer time!

Members who have read this thread: 0