My Dean Ace is in QC...

Printable View

  • 01-31-2006
    Crash_FLMB
    My Dean Ace is in QC...
    is what I was told today. Supposedly it is to ship in about 2 days. I sure hope I wasn't being fed a line. They've been truthful to this point so I have to believe them (it's my nature). If so, then it'll come in b/w 7-8 weeks. Exactly what I was told.

    It sure is gonna be purty with the rear triangle powder coated blue. The Talas fork is gonna match perfect too! Add in the blue King headset and that's one fine lookin' ride.

    Now the hardest part...In transit waiting!!! :(
  • 02-01-2006
    Napfgeist
    You lucky guy.. Awaiting the first pictures when the frame has arrived!
  • 02-01-2006
    bob
    My Colonel was in various stages of QC for seven weeks. Sorry, you had to know that was coming. :D
  • 02-01-2006
    Crash_FLMB
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bob
    My Colonel was in various stages of QC for seven weeks. Sorry, you had to know that was coming. :D

    Yea, that's why I said 'I sure hope I wasn't being fed a line.' I'm not going to count the chicken's thing until I have the frame in my hand. We'll see......
  • 02-02-2006
    bob
    I think your going to be ok since it's right on time so far. Seems like every Dean delivery story I've heard is either right on time or way off. Keep your fingers crossed.
  • 02-03-2006
    sparst
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bob
    I think your going to be ok since it's right on time so far. Seems like every Dean delivery story I've heard is either right on time or way off. Keep your fingers crossed.

    your friend was recently quoted 3-4 months straightup... perhaps they've finally realized that 'honesty is the best policy'?? lol
  • 02-03-2006
    bob
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sparst
    your friend was recently quoted 3-4 months straightup... perhaps they've finally realized that 'honesty is the best policy'?? lol


    Yep that's what Tyler told him. I have one more theory to add to the "honesty theory". When my friend ordered his frame, he mentioned my name and Tyler remembered me and no doubt he would remember the wait time. It could also be they only make certain frames/finishes at certain times of the year depending on demand?

    Either way, the wait was worth it! I still need to take some pics of my bike and post them.
  • 02-07-2006
    Crash_FLMB
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bob
    I think your going to be ok since it's right on time so far. Seems like every Dean delivery story I've heard is either right on time or way off. Keep your fingers crossed.


    Wuhoo! I just got the tracking # so it should be here in a few days. I'm stoked!!! Pics to come soon.
  • 02-09-2006
    Napfgeist
    That remembers me when my frame arrived last year.. that was a great moment.
    Open the box and wow.. that was like christmas in summer time!