Mountian Cycle- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 54 of 54

Thread: Mountian Cycle

  1. #1

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    34

    Mountian Cycle

    post up your pics of your MCs and any comments on them.

    im currently riding a 2003 9point5 and i love it. this bike rips.


  2. #2
    trail "cleaner"
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,382

    San Andreas

    2001 San Andreas. My technical trail bike. Z1, Thomson, Hadley, Hayes, etc......
    Last edited by AZmtncycler; 06-03-2010 at 01:16 PM.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: iattackthedarkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    247

    here is mine

    it is older...

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: iattackthedarkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    247

    oops...

    here is the pic, sorry
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shmrcksean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    128

    Old School San Andreas

    Here is my older San Andreas. I love to take it out every not and then but the Manitou 3 just took a dump. She'll be up and running soon but until then, I'll ride my Enduro.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: buddylee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    18

    ... and if we just ... MoHo Slix


  7. #7

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    101
    '04 San Andreas DHS, Fox Talas RLC, DHX 5.0, XM321s w/ Hugis, X.0 shifters & rear mech, Atlas cranks. Fantastic bike!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    86

    Good job! Mountain cycle shockwave 9.5

    I am thinking of buying a mountain cycle shockwave 9.5, I know that the bike is good on the downhill but how is it for freeriding(drops, dirt jumps, skinny ladder bridges, gaps, etc.)!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona Boy
    I am thinking of buying a mountain cycle shockwave 9.5, I know that the bike is good on the downhill but how is it for freeriding(drops, dirt jumps, skinny ladder bridges, gaps, etc.)!
    Get one. You'll like it. Here is my bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #10

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    86

    Bonking ... not feelin' well

    I'm Kona Boy no more thanks to my mountain cycle shockwave 9.5! I love it other than my chain which constantly skips. I have a question though, my shockwave 9.5 makes a slight clunk noise as the rear shock comes back to its original position. I have a 5th element on the back but I think it is just the suspension linkage. Does anybody have that problem too!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,483
    WOW, lots of sweet Mountain Cycles!
    Here's a photo of mine, it's the first prototype 9point5 that I've been riding since Sept. '02.
    Yeah, it's polished. Yeah, that's a 66rc 170 and a FOX DHX 5.0 on it. Yeah, those are '05 pink Rumble decals on the swingarm. Yeah, I've got a crappy camera.
    Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: iattackthedarkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    WOW, lots of sweet Mountain Cycles!
    Here's a photo of mine, it's the first prototype 9point5 that I've been riding since Sept. '02.
    Yeah, it's polished. Yeah, that's a 66rc 170 and a FOX DHX 5.0 on it. Yeah, those are '05 pink Rumble decals on the swingarm. Yeah, I've got a crappy camera.
    Tim
    tool

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: iattackthedarkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    Oh I'm sorry, your bike is the fairest of them all.
    Timmy, thats what I love about you, your obsessive need to be superior. how you doing these days? I am on a retro kick, running hardtail and SS.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by iattackthedarkness
    tool
    Oh I'm sorry, your bike is the fairest of them all.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by iattackthedarkness
    Timmy, thats what I love about you, your obsessive need to be superior. how you doing these days? I am on a retro kick, running hardtail and SS.
    I've got a singlespeed too, but wait till you see my new ShockWave 5point5.
    It's the cooooooooolest!

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: iattackthedarkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    I've got a singlespeed too, but wait till you see my new ShockWave 5point5.
    It's the cooooooooolest!
    bring it over fool, show me the goods you need to gimme a call or come over sometime, we got some catching up to do.

  17. #17

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    86
    My mountain cycle shockwave 9.5!

    [/IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\RLiang.W1902K73\My Documents\Jason\P1010286.JPG[IMG]

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    558

    Here they are...

    9.5, San Andreas, Rumble...
    Not sure whats next...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by MC9.5
    9.5, San Andreas, Rumble...
    Not sure whats next...
    What's next? How about a bike that looks like, and is as tough as your 9point5, but with half the travel, and is super maneuverable do to an extremely short rear end?

    You need to get that Shiver off your San An and build it up more "trail bike" style.

    Stay tuned
    Tim

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    42
    Here's my new 9.5
    Attached Images Attached Images

  21. #21

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    18

    Ballistic Missile


  22. #22

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    18

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by eknomf
    Here's my new 9.5
    dont go to indianapolis with this tires!!!

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    What's next? How about a bike that looks like, and is as tough as your 9point5, but with half the travel, and is super maneuverable do to an extremely short rear end?

    You need to get that Shiver off your San An and build it up more "trail bike" style.

    Stay tuned
    Tim
    Come on Tim, dont leave me hangin like this....tell me more!
    I have the Shiver on the S.A. because that is all I had to put on there for now(besides a JR-T). I have been putting about 10-20 miles a week xc in that configuration. It is 40 pounds and is a bear on the climbs. I am waiting to buy a new fork when I buy a new frame.
    So if I am reading into what your saying correctly would you be talking about 4x type of bike?
    When is MC coming out with a "transmission" bike??

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    558

    9.5 action

    one more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MC9.5; 06-22-2005 at 06:42 AM.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    558

    9.5 Action Shots

    A couple of pic's...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by MC9.5
    Come on Tim, dont leave me hangin like this....tell me more!
    I have the Shiver on the S.A. because that is all I had to put on there for now(besides a JR-T). I have been putting about 10-20 miles a week xc in that configuration. It is 40 pounds and is a bear on the climbs. I am waiting to buy a new fork when I buy a new frame.
    So if I am reading into what your saying correctly would you be talking about 4x type of bike?
    When is MC coming out with a "transmission" bike??
    I can't say any more.
    Who said anything about a Mountain Cycle transmission bike?

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    I can't say any more.
    Who said anything about a Mountain Cycle transmission bike?
    If they are not working on one, mayby they should.
    I would buy two.
    I guesse I will 'stay tuned'...

  28. #28

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    WOW, lots of sweet Mountain Cycles!
    Here's a photo of mine, it's the first prototype 9point5 that I've been riding since Sept. '02.
    Yeah, it's polished. Yeah, that's a 66rc 170 and a FOX DHX 5.0 on it. Yeah, those are '05 pink Rumble decals on the swingarm. Yeah, I've got a crappy camera.
    Tim
    are you happy withe the WTB tires??


  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by MC9.5
    Come on Tim, dont leave me hangin like this....tell me more!
    I have the Shiver on the S.A. because that is all I had to put on there for now(besides a JR-T). I have been putting about 10-20 miles a week xc in that configuration. It is 40 pounds and is a bear on the climbs. I am waiting to buy a new fork when I buy a new frame.
    So if I am reading into what your saying correctly would you be talking about 4x type of bike?
    When is MC coming out with a "transmission" bike??
    Check this out http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=111969
    My Prototype Mountain Cycle.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    31
    How to post my picture?Its not working here.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    233

    Just finished up my new SanAn

    The SanAn is my first dedicated freeride bike. I suppose there are more extreme FR bikes out there (such as the Sin, which offers but an extra inch of travel), but this one will most certainly do for now. It's the only FR bike I can think of with a steep headtube angle, which I prefer.


    Quote Originally Posted by schlitz
    post up your pics of your MCs and any comments on them.

    im currently riding a 2003 9point5 and i love it. this bike rips.

    Attached Images Attached Images

  32. #32

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    18
    hot bike!! nice cranks!!!!!

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    31
    Here is my babe...what do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  34. #34

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    18
    this is my waepon.

  35. #35

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    94

    My 9.5

    Crappy picture i know, but soon it will be done....


  36. #36

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    18
    yee, gife us a better pic from this missile

  37. #37

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by fox-ranger
    yee, gife us a better pic from this missile


    when i get the rear shock and the bike is finished up i'll get some good pics to put up. but here are 2 other ones.




  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Waspinator
    The SanAn is my first dedicated freeride bike. I suppose there are more extreme FR bikes out there (such as the Sin, which offers but an extra inch of travel), but this one will most certainly do for now. It's the only FR bike I can think of with a steep headtube angle, which I prefer.
    That's the nicest looking San Andreas EVER!!!!
    '04 black ano front with pewter ano sub and swingarm, not to mention the sweet matching build.
    Nice.

    Gray mag 30's instead of the black doubletracks would look nice, although both are a bit overkill on this application. Sorry.

  39. #39

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    86
    Nice Bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo9point5
    Here is my babe...what do you think?
    I like it. The black shiver looks sweet on there. The gold cranks are "uber-bling" but I think they look a little out of place with your color scheme, maybe you could get some more gold parts to balance them out.
    Tim
    MC

  41. #41

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    94

    Mr 9point5's shockwave is finally done!

    Well, here it is - finally finished and got it up to killington at the end of the day for 1 run.... can't wait til tomorrow....













    that one run i did take w/o the suspension being tuned... was smooooooooooooooooooth

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    233

    A couple questions about your Rumble......

    What size is your Rumble? i.e. small, medium, large? Also, what is the travel on that RockShox Pike? Do you have it set at 140mm? The head angle appears to be quite upright, i.e. around 69 or 70 degrees. Finally, how tall are you, and do you find yourself to be cramped between the saddle and handlebars?

    I'm thinking of purchasing a 2005 Rumble, but want to know what size I'd need.



    Quote Originally Posted by MC9.5
    9.5, San Andreas, Rumble...
    Not sure whats next...

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by Waspinator
    What size is your Rumble? i.e. small, medium, large? Also, what is the travel on that RockShox Pike? Do you have it set at 140mm? The head angle appears to be quite upright, i.e. around 69 or 70 degrees. Finally, how tall are you, and do you find yourself to be cramped between the saddle and handlebars?

    I'm thinking of purchasing a 2005 Rumble, but want to know what size I'd need.
    Its a Medium.
    Travel on the Pike is 95mm to 140mm
    The head angel is on the steep side if you go below 120mm.
    Riding skate parks, I will drop it to 95mm... but will run it higher for everything else.
    I am 5'11", and I have a 50mm stem on it now. It feels a bit cramped for XC but for jumping it is not bad. I will probabaly get a slightly longer stem soon.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr 9point5
    Well, here it is - finally finished and got it up to killington at the end of the day for 1 run.... can't wait til tomorrow
    that one run i did take w/o the suspension being tuned... was smooooooooooooooooooth
    Sweet bike!!
    Looks seriously hardcore with the supermonster and huge rear rim.
    Looks like a fun bike.
    Last edited by TWISTED; 08-27-2005 at 06:02 PM.

  45. #45

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    94

    not race face seat post

    Its a hurricane componants. it holds up very well

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr 9point5
    Its a hurricane componants. it holds up very well
    Oops, sorry for the oversite. They look similiar from a distance. Your's will hold up fine.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    125
    How heavy is your fork?

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    What's next? How about a bike that looks like, and is as tough as your 9point5, but with half the travel, and is super maneuverable do to an extremely short rear end?

    You need to get that Shiver off your San An and build it up more "trail bike" style.

    Stay tuned
    Tim

    How is this....
    Attached Images Attached Images

  49. #49
    hands up who wants to die
    Reputation: rpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,405
    Do you have a rear-end or tire-clearance type shot? I'd like to see some more of Marge.

    -r

  50. #50

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    94

    More of Marge

    After riding a few days at killington i realized that the large marge is just large. not very strong. its a damn shame. i cracked the rim, and dented it alot. ive never seen a rim get beat like this. i had to put ductape over the cracked part so that it wouldnt snap... gives it character... i took it to the bike shop and they said ' youve taken it this far, break it' so thats my goal as of now, break / fold the large marge. so here a few pictures of the rim, in all its margeness glory.. Any suggestions as to a rim thats extremely tough? i dont care about weight...








  51. #51

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    64

    bad bikes

    the whole MC 9.5 bike's is shame... i hafe saled my 9.5 for $1300, the single pivot is to high. "chain reaction on all big drops.... i am verry happy that i hafe let the past behind!! i life now in the future.... with cannondale

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by c-dale
    the whole MC 9.5 bike's is shame... i hafe saled my 9.5 for $1300, the single pivot is to high. "chain reaction on all big drops.... i am verry happy that i hafe let the past behind!! i life now in the future.... with cannondale
    i guess you left spelling in the past too?
    pay me

  53. #53

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by MD Bullit
    i guess you left spelling in the past too?
    Thanks,

    i speak german...

    do you speak german good as i english

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,483

Similar Threads

  1. Mountain Cycle San Andreas DHS question ?
    By RedDwarf in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 06:30 PM
  2. Vail Cycle Works???
    By jjonespeed in forum Custom Builders & Other Manufacturers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-03-2004, 06:20 PM
  3. New Mountain Cycle San Andreas
    By SanAnMan in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 01:43 PM
  4. Mountain Cycle Sin Good or bad?
    By Cortina Rider in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 06:36 AM
  5. the one thing better than a mountian bike
    By rjpstoked in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-27-2004, 01:05 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.