Mountain Cycle Zen: Largest tire?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Mountain Cycle Zen: Largest tire?

Can you run 2.3's on a Zen? I 'm thinking of buying a Zen to use for endurance XC, but being 190lbs I usually can't run anthing less than a 700gr tire.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrocks
    Can you run 2.3's on a Zen? I 'm thinking of buying a Zen to use for endurance XC, but being 190lbs I usually can't run anthing less than a 700gr tire.
    A 2.2" is the largest tire you can run without clearance issues with the upper swingarm seat stay cross brace.

Tim

Jan 2007
    A Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25" *just* fits in - thin sidewalls but 580g and quite expensive (if you can find them). Haven't tried any others of that size yet, but will do when that one wears out! I'm 210lb+ in riding "trim" ;o)

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S
    A Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25" *just* fits in - thin sidewalls but 580g and quite expensive (if you can find them). Haven't tried any others of that size yet, but will do when that one wears out! I'm 210lb+ in riding "trim" ;o)
    Yes, I guess I should have elaborated on that. A WTB 2.3" velocipiweiriepicwhoozitaptor doesn't give adequate clearance. A WTB 2.24" epiraptorweirisar fits fine.

(don't remember which models WTB tires I's using)

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks for the imput. I don't think I could get through a race with those types of tires without flatting. I'll stick with my Fury for racing.

Members who have read this thread: 0