mountain cycle rumble sizing- Mtbr.com
    what nice teeth you have

mountain cycle rumble sizing

I am looking to get a mtn cycle rumble as a pump track and dirt jump bike. I am 6' 210lbs and could use some advice on sizing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nadinno78
    I am looking to get a mtn cycle rumble as a pump track and dirt jump bike. I am 6' 210lbs and could use some advice on sizing.
    If you are only going to do the pump tracks and dirt jumping, I'd say run a small frame with maybe a 60mm stem and the seat dropped and back. Often sales guys will try to get taller guys onto large frames, but you want the frame low and out of the way, more like a BMX bike. One of the old MC guys was 6'-4" and used a small Rumble for street and jumps. For freeride stuff you'll be more stable and stretched out on a medium frame. The Large is best only for a really tall guy and xc trail riding. I think the top tube is too high for a DJ bike.

Tim

Let's get weird
    I've got an '03 MC Rumble in medium that is a bit too small for me. I'm 6'3" and cannot get the seat high enough for the leg extension I need for XC. Wheelbase too tight for climbs as well. But it's perfect for everything else, manuals, bump jumps and so on. I'm looking for the same in a large if anyone is interested in a trade.

Members who have read this thread: 0