Mountain Cycle Fury vs. SC Heckler- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Mountain Cycle Fury vs. SC Heckler

First off, very similar bikes and I was hoping anyone who has rode both could outline differences between the frames (feel, stiffness, handling). New heckler design by the way.

I am looking for a 5X trailbike (30 lbs or less, air suspended)
    I like technical trails but don't do drops
    I want single pivot
    I am a clyde 6' 1" 225lbs
    I periodically expeience phantom shifting due to swingarm flex on my old school heckler (aka superlight)

I put this in the MC forum because I want to hear from someone who has actually ridden both frames. Thanks in advance for any advice.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GeEkBoY
    First off, very similar bikes and I was hoping anyone who has rode both could outline differences between the frames (feel, stiffness, handling). New heckler design by the way.

I am looking for a 5X trailbike (30 lbs or less, air suspended)
    I like technical trails but don't do drops
    I want single pivot
    I am a clyde 6' 1" 225lbs
    I periodically expeience phantom shifting due to swingarm flex on my old school heckler (aka superlight)

I put this in the MC forum because I want to hear from someone who has actually ridden both frames. Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Hey I had a Heckler and really liked it. I had it built up several differnt ways as a DJ bike, XC bike, and DH / FR bike. The only problem I had was the rear end is pretty flexy compared to my Fury. Also I broke the Heckler's drop-out off three times, but I was riding it pretty hard. I preferred the low standover of the Heckler and seat post adjustability. The Fury seems to pedal more efficiently, feels stiffer / less flexy, and works better as a trailbike. Kinesis USA makes both frames, which gives them something else in common.

You're a big guy so get yourself an all black Fury with a Fox DHX 5.0 and you'll be set.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks for the review Twisted.

I would like to look at one in real life before buying it. I can't seem to find any shops who carry MC bikes in the Toronto area (or even Canada for that matter). On the MC wesite there are no dealers listed in Canada.

Any help?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Thanks for the review Twisted.

I would like to look at one in real life before buying it. I can't seem to find any shops who carry MC bikes in the Toronto area (or even Canada for that matter). On the MC wesite there are no dealers listed in Canada.

Any help?
    Trail Blazers Cycle is a Mountain Cycle dealer and located in Toronto. Here you go: http://www.trailblazercycles.com/onl...roducts_id=460

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    "January 8, 2006
    The End Of An Era: Trail Blazer Cycles closed its doors for good last week. Here is the official message..."

I tried them already, they have suffered a similar fate to the staff in Oregon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    "January 8, 2006
    The End Of An Era: Trail Blazer Cycles closed its doors for good last week. Here is the official message..."

I tried them already, they have suffered a similar fate to the staff in Oregon.
    Ask your favorite local bike shop to open an account with Mountain Cycle, otherwise I'll see what I can do.
    Tim
    Last edited by TWISTED; 05-05-2006 at 10:24 AM.

May 2004

fury

I haven't riden the Santa Cruz so I can't give you a compairison. I've been super stoked with my Fury. previously, I broke a Kona Chute, TOmac 98 special and Tomac Eli. I'm going on my 3rd season with the Fury and haven't had a single problem. No loose pivots, nothing. The customer support has been super from MC.
    Best of luck!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shadfly
    I haven't riden the Santa Cruz so I can't give you a compairison. I've been super stoked with my Fury. previously, I broke a Kona Chute, TOmac 98 special and Tomac Eli. I'm going on my 3rd season with the Fury and haven't had a single problem. No loose pivots, nothing. The customer support has been super from MC.
    Best of luck!
    Thanks for the props Shad.

Members who have read this thread: 0