Mountain Cycle Fury -Rear shock length?-- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    65

    Mountain Cycle Fury -Rear shock length?-

    Hello,

    A friend of mine picked-up a used Mountain Cycle Fury frame without a rear shock. Does anyone here know the eye-to-eye lenth of the rear shock?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by signal
    Hello,

    A friend of mine picked-up a used Mountain Cycle Fury frame without a rear shock. Does anyone here know the eye-to-eye lenth of the rear shock?

    Thanks!
    7.5 inches. Did the frame come with the shock mount cleat? The stock Fury cleat will give the head angle around 70 degrees. If he gets the Sin slack angle cleat (undocumented modification) it will change the headangle to 69 degrees. I got mine setup for the slack angle and it's really sweet.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by racerzero
    7.5 inches. Did the frame come with the shock mount cleat? The stock Fury cleat will give the head angle around 70 degrees. If he gets the Sin slack angle cleat (undocumented modification) it will change the headangle to 69 degrees. I got mine setup for the slack angle and it's really sweet.
    Yeah, the shock size is 7.5" x 2" with 6x22 mounting hardware.
    The Sin shock mounting cleat makes the geometry slacker and also drops the rear travel some.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    Yeah, the shock size is 7.5" x 2" with 6x22 mounting hardware.
    The Sin shock mounting cleat makes the geometry slacker and also drops the rear travel some.
    Friend of mine put a bigger shock which steepen the head angle. He then put the sin cleat which bought the head angle down. Not sure exactly what the specs are now but he really likes it.

    What does 6x22 mounting hardware mean?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by racerzero
    Friend of mine put a bigger shock which steepen the head angle. He then put the sin cleat which bought the head angle down. Not sure exactly what the specs are now but he really likes it.

    What does 6x22 mounting hardware mean?
    6x22 mounting hardware is the size of the hardware needed to mount a shock onto a Fury frame. 22mm wide with 6mm bolts.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.