Monostays?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Monostays?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Monostays?

Anyone have a monostay at the either the seatstays or chainstays? I am considering my options with a custom builder and I am looking for some feedback (stiffness, ride quality) and pictures if possible. Thanks.

Not a Barry supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by badgerbacker
    Anyone have a monostay at the either the seatstays or chainstays? I am considering my options with a custom builder and I am looking for some feedback (stiffness, ride quality) and pictures if possible. Thanks.
    Is this what you mean? If so, the next HT I get will have the same thing. It's stiff and I get all kinds of comments on it. Since not many manufacturers use it anymore, it's a cool way to have the ride 'stand out' so to speak.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgerbacker
    I have a Dean Colonel; it has a mono-seatstay. Umm, it looks cool. Does it do anything? Beats me. I have trouble telling if a frame is flexy or not. I usually ride with 30-35 psi in my tires, and think there's no way you could notice flame-flex over tire compression in that situation (unless the frame was either broken or as flexy as a buggy-whip, I guess).

baggin ho's
    Make sure it doesn't limit your tire size. I can only run 2.0 and smaller on the rear of my Lobster.

Members who have read this thread: 0