MOJO: ARGHH - help me, I am waivering- Mtbr.com
    Mojo0115
    Nov 2004

MOJO: ARGHH - help me, I am waivering

Arggh, help me I am waivering and flip-flopping on frame choice.

I am constantly torn between the Ibis Mojo and the Santa Cruz Nomad. I am intending to build the Mojo with a maveric DUC32 fork and would build a nomad with the same fork. So effectively with the build it is coming down to the difference between the frame weight as opposed to their cabailities on the trail.

The reason I keep waivering back to the Nomad is the intangible that "I might start doing a lot more downhill" and 2.5lbs future proof's me.

However, the Ibis mojo totally suits my current riding style that sees me spending the spring and summer on Colorado singletrack and the fall and winter on moab/fruita desert trails.

It seems that they both climb well and both would be very well suited for agressive cross-country riding and that I could take them both to places like squamish and whistler for trails like Comfortably Number, River runs through it and Kill me Thrill me. But the Nomad would shine on lift assisted downhills at Keystone or whistler while the Mojo would seem to be just plain better for every other weekend in the saddle.

As I think logically about it screams - "go now, put your deposit on the Mojo and wait for the joy to arrive!" But I keep waivering!

Dec 2003
    The NOMAD looks like a dog having a sh** :-) buy the IBIS

Mojo Rider
    The Nomad is a great bike, my buddy has one. But my Mojo is greater. It climbs much better and does just as well on the down. Unless you are doing huge hucks I would go for the Mojo. One thing to keep in mind though, you can't fit that DUC32 on a medium or small Mojo. Only on the large and XL. Head tube is too short... I am runing the new Fox Talas 32 with 140mm travel and am loving it. It's a better fork I think. Read some bad reviews of the DUC32.

Members who have read this thread: 0