mmmm... lungbutter- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

mmmm... lungbutter

Hey -

I am posting again as Im trying to decide whether to repaint my bike the late ibis colors red, organe or LUNGBUTTER (yumm) but cant really find an example of the later on a bike anywhere other than the swatch on the old ibs site. Anybody seen this one or havea pic????

thanks again

Ben

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    orange that is....

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Ben,
    My buddy had a lungbutter Ibis. 'Had' as in past tense, b/c he sold it a few years ago. I'll see if he has a pic. It was before digital cameras were in vogue. My understanding is Sycip paints their frames in the exact same facility as Ibis once did. Maybe they can send you a sample?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Hey - thanks for the response. Acutally, its Sycip who's supposed to paint my bike, and they've lost the ibis colors. Id love to see what it looks like, but i guess teh fallback will be the orange, would could be nicer anyway. thanks again and please tell me if you come up with anything.

vaya con dios
    ben

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

in search of lungbutter

still looking for one of the tastiest colors around - anybody with a photo of an ibis in lungbutter? Or have a memorable moment with one?

thanks

ben

mtbr member

I have an ibis lung butter ripley

Hi...

I have a lung butter ibis - camera batteries are dead at the moment and other pictures are at work.... I will send

Jamie

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Jamie -

Thanks a bunch. This is such a hard color to track down. I have been trying to decide between repainting an ibis orange, pond scum, and lungbutter, and had given up on the later because its nowhere to be found. Thanks - are you pretty happy with it. It seems these litghter colors have a much longer life in hiding scratches, etc.

thanks

ben

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm Here are some pictures of lung butter

Here are some pictures of lung butter
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Wow thats a sharp color ... so nice. I think I may have to go with that one - I thought it was going to be too pale and was going with pond scum, but you bike just looks too sharp. Thanks a bunch for the pictures - and I see it handles lots of terrain with apolmb.

Ben

mtbr member
    Dood,
    Here's my Sycip that was recently repainted.
    They call it Curry, but I have a feeling it's really close to Ibis' Lungbutter.
    Mine has a little metal flake in it though.
    Lenny

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Lenny -

Yeah i saw that color on the sycip and was lusting after, but ultimately decided to try and stay true to the Ibis' original colors. How does your hardtail ride? Custom right? I always wonder how those ride compared with the original steel mojo?

Thanks

ben

mtbr member
    Ben,
    It rides awesome.
    Definitely made me a better rider.
    It's funny cuz I really wanted a steel Mojo at the time.
    I called Ibis and inquired about getting all the cable stops relocated to the top tube. Ibis was just about going under then and the rep stated that they couldn't do any "custom"work any more.
    That was a deal breaker for me.
    So I started researching custom steel hardtails. All the usual ones came up.
    Finally called Sycip and actually spent a great deal of time on the phone with one of the brothers (forget which one). They impressed me very much and took their time to determine exactly what my frame would be used for, my riding style, etc.
    So I ordered from them and don't regret it a bit.
    The Sycip rides very similar to my Bontrager Race, but it's quite a bit lighter and a better climber.
    Alas, I've never gotten a chance to ride a steel Mojo.
    It's still one of the bikes I lust after.
    Lenny

Members who have read this thread: 0